Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2016 200 S AWD in May 2019. It still had some of the 3/36 warranty left. The rear sway links were worn and rattled in the back over bumps. I had those replaced.
The car must have sat for a time as the brake rotors were heavily rusted. One of the sliders in the LF caliper was frozen and the LF pads had started wearing on a taper. It has the larger front rotors. I noticed that the rear calipers had the 'Alfa Romeo' script on them. New pads and rotors made the brakes like new again. That was not warranty, so I did them myself.
I had the NY state inspection performed and got software updates done for the modules that had updates available. The TCM got a Quicklearn and Proxi configuration reset and it has shifted as smooth as butter ever since.
I did the UConnect version update with a thumbdrive at home and it did a FOTA by itself after parking it.
I've been very pleased with the car and it is the nicest car I have ever owned. It gets about the same fuel economy overall (23 mpg/9.8 kpl) as the 2007 Caliber SXT that it replaced.
I also have a 1998 Sebring JX V6 convertible for nice warm weather driving. This size of Chrysler seems just right for me.
I was a Chrysler technician for 30 years after MoTech when I finished high school and still try to keep up to date on the new technologies. I found that if you are away from the business longer than 6 months, a lot of things change.
Our family has owned Chrysler products since 1953.
- Walt.

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
I was a Chrysler technician for 30 years after MoTech when I finished high school and still try to keep up to date on the new technologies. I found that if you are away from the business longer than 6 months, a lot of things change.
Our family has owned Chrysler products since 1953.
- Walt.
That's quite a bit of professional experience with being an automotive tech - great to hear someone recognize how things change rapidly with vehicles and technology.

Welcome Walt!

Reactions: 200_S_AWD
1 - 2 of 2 Posts