Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members. I have a 2015 Chrysler 200c. My neighbor told me my left (driver) side headlight was out. I popped the hood to see how to change it. I also noticed the actual headlight is working along with the "snake light". It's the headlight in daytime running light mode that's not working. I noticed there is a white wire pulled out of the wiring harness. It's white with a green wire type spiral towards the end that should be inserted into the harness. It looks to be single prong.
My question is: can someone tell me what position of the harness I should re-insert it into? Looks to be 3 or 4 choices. Possibly post a picture of how the wires should be set up in the harness plug?

As always, thanks for reading my post/question. And thanks in advance for any help and advice.

(By the way, I did discover the access hole in the wheel well if I just needed a bulb replacement.)

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,323 Posts
I couldn't find a good picture of the backside of the connector, but the terminal orientation would be the same as the others.

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

Rectangle Font Line Parallel Screenshot

Reactions: eabigguy

·
Super Moderator
1,323 Posts
OK, you must have the HID headlamps, I assumed that they were halogens. The wire is a Wt/Yl for DRL, not a Wt/Gn.
Disregard my last post. I think this is the correct one. Cavity #9 is correct.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

Product Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

Reactions: eabigguy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a couple pictures. The wire is solid white. The green is near the end of the wire.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system
Hand Finger Font Material property Audio equipment

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you 200 S AWD for the advice and diagrams. I'll pop the wire in the 9 hole and see if it works tomorrow morning. I'll post my results.

·
Super Moderator
1,323 Posts
There appears to be tan-colored debris or something in that cavity? The terminal on the wire end looks OK. It should push in and lock with a small 'click'. The 'barb' that locks the terminal into the connector may be bent or damaged?
Terminals aren't supposed to fall out of connectors, even with a moderate tug. I wonder what happened?
Make sure that the terminal is secured in the connector.

Reactions: ggoose

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There appears to be tan-colored debris or something in that cavity? The terminal on the wire end looks OK. It should push in and lock with a small 'click'. The 'barb' that locks the terminal into the connector may be bent or damaged?
Terminals aren't supposed to fall out of connectors, even with a moderate tug. I wonder what happened?
Make sure that the terminal is secured in the connector.
I didn't notice that "debris". I saw it, just didn't know it was unusual. I can blame it on my earlier claim as not too techie. lol I'm just an old, slightly broken (disabled), guy who like to tinker.
I'll try to get the plug disconnected and examine it further.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
1,323 Posts
The black plastic latch thingy appears broken and the red plastic latch lock is missing. The connector might just pull off without disengaging the latch.
It looks coated with body shop dust, has it had recent work?
It should look more like this:

Reactions: ggoose

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't get the assembly unplugged. It seems damaged. Is it possible to just buy the plug itself? Or does anyone know of a junkyard they'd recommend to buy the plug? I can probably handle splicing wires together and soldering them.
Thanks for all the help and advice.

·
Super Moderator
1,323 Posts
Yeah, it looked pretty bad. I hope that it isn't glued on.
This connector is used corporate-wide on many FCA products.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Office equipment

The Mopar part # is 6836272AA. It is a 'pigtail' that comes with color-coded wires and splices. It is expensive for what it is:
mopar 68364272AA

If you don't mind using an aftermarket piece with wires all the same color, you can save some money:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,323 Posts
Good Catch! I just assumed that they were halogen. Yes, there is a difference. You want a Mopar # 68358148AA.

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Circle

An example of an aftermarket part. It looks like just the pigtail, may not include splices or heat shrink. I have not done business with any of these guys:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received the new pigtail in the mail yesterday. Took me 3 hours to wire it. I removed the battery to make more room in the "work area". I was pleasantly surprised that all the radio presets, navigation favorites, memory seat, etc were not lost with the battery out.

The new pigtail works perfectly. All lights working now in the headlight assemble.

Thank you so much 200_S_AWD for all the help! (Is there a way to send you a direct message?)

·
Super Moderator
1,323 Posts
Easy. Click on your icon at the top of the page, then click on Conversations.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts