Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I can only suggest replacing the bad side with the same brand headlamp assembly as the good side.
If it is an internal headlamp assembly 'beam focus' issue, I don't think that it can be opened up and serviced.
If you look closely at them you may see where the difference between sides is.
[/Qo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Also just noticed that the turn signal on the left side is lit up in place of the running marker lightm

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,069 Posts
This just gets curiouser and curiouser. Did you purchase this car recently or know its past history?

Did all these front lighting issues occur when you tried the LEDs, or do you think there might be more to this puzzle from the car's past?
Is there any signs of a front end collision, or was the fascia removed for any service that you know of?

It is beginning to look like a mis-wiring or BCM issue. I don't think that the turn signal lamp position can be easily swapped with the side marker lamp position by mistake. Any other symptoms like a flashing odometer? Look into this.

If one side is working correctly and the other side isn't, I would pull off both headlamp assemblies and check side-to-side to compare wiring, connectors and lamp sockets. You may see something that looks out of place that you wouldn't see with just one side apart.

The BCM can run self-tests and store fault codes that may be helpful. It needs a more advanced scan tool or something like an Alfa-OBD to look into what the modules may be seeing.
It may be worth paying a diagnostic fee to a shop that can interrogate the modules for fault codes or other clues?

PS - the attachment in post # 22 didn't take.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts