Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my driverside bulb took a dump and went about as usual(only had the car 3 months), to my surprise i was greeting by an h9 bulb and connector, passanger side is the normal 9012.. I bought and pig tail to change out the connector then another suprise, 9012 bulb wont fit into headlight.. Upon looking closely it appears that the ring the bulb 'twists' into has been swapped(or im just doing somthing wrong) any idea how to fix this, pic attached of the ring..

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the same issue only on the passenger side. Mine was wrecked on passenger side. So a 9012 won’t fit that socket. Wonder what year Chrysler switch bulb size on those head light assemblies.

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 200s 2.4L
113 Posts
Your headlight assembly has been replaced with a different model headlight...
There are at least 3 different ones on the 2015~2017 200 models and the shop that did the work used the wrong one... You need to check your model (limited, C, S) and get the correct assembly... I don't know the year or model of your 200 as you didn't post it... Look here for examples...
I know for example my 2016 200s is different from a 2016 300c...
Dave

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
421 Posts
Probably the wrong lamp assembly? I suspect that you want the right side Mopar 68088066AG (or equivalent) headlamp for the 9012 bulb to fit. Sales code is LMC.
You might want to contact your insurance company about this body shop and see what they can do for you. Don't tamper with anything they did or try to correct things until you have an adjuster look at it (again). Get photo evidence with date stamps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts