Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I’ve looked through many posts using keyword “headlight switch” and I haven’t found anything like the issue I have. Firstly, I have a 2015 200s, 3.6L. I have owned the car under a year and I love it. It’s basically a rocket ship on wheels.

Anyhow, the problem I have is that every few days or so I glance over at the headlight switch and it’s changed from “auto” to “O” or parking lights or anything besides “auto”. For the longest time I thought my kids or someone was Messing with me but I have since figured out that my knee hits the switch when I enter the car. Discovering this has made me realize that either the switch is in a silly place or I’m just getting in the car wrong. Lol. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and just hasn’t posted it?

Thanks for your time and sorry if there is already a thread on this. I just couldn’t find it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, I hit mine the same way every once in while. Because the system is automatic I often don't notice until I have been driving after dark, with streetlights, for a while.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've hit mine now and then.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Happens to me all the time. At first I thought the switch might be servo controlled automatically but later realized it was my knee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My son was having this issue with his car. The easy fix I came up with was a small strip of black tape across the seam . it holds it in place, and if you do need to move it yourself you still can. I only ran the tape about half way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
rnenrnk
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing