Chrysler 200 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, here is something that may explain why only testing only one didn't work- If a bulb goes bad (opens) the current drops and the TIPM sends a warning to the speedometer cluster and "may" also shut off the offending headlight...

·
Registered
280 Posts
On what car? We have a 2011 and a 2012, neither one gives any warning when a headlight burns out.
Once again, if one bulb burns out, the other is unaffected. Otherwise, you'd suddenly be blind at night if one bulb failed, and possibly crash.
If you had no headlights, and replacing both fixed the situation, then both were burned out. End of story.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Glynn,
I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your headlights. We recommend getting a second opinion at another dealership. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide an additional layer of assistance if you do end up connecting with a dealer again. Feel free to follow up with us via private message if this would be of interest.
Rob
DodgeCares
What if my headlights went out and my inside lights flicker every now and then, also in order for me to turn off the dome lights I have to turn on the right blinker?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,411 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Flickering lights and having to turn them off with the turn signal switch sounds like a messed-up multifunction switch inside the steering column?
I'm not necessarily saying that the switch itself is bad, it may be a connector or wiring? Remove the column shrouds (you can leave the steering wheel on), inspect and test the switch.
What year?

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
You have the base halogen lighting? Use the shaded area on the right side of the wiring diagram.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) takes the place of the underhood fuse/relay box. It is smart power management.
It can store fault codes and run tests with a capable scan tool. An OBD2 engine code reader probably won't work as external lighting uses Body codes.
If the TIPM detects too much or too little current draw, it can shut off the circuit for protection. After the condition is repaired, a power cycle (off/on) should bring the circuit back. The fault code will go from 'active' to 'stored' for the next 40 starts or so, then be erased.
Look for open filaments (I have seen both headlight bulbs fail at the same time) and check wiring and sheetmetal grounds, etc. Let us know what is found.

Font Darkness Circle Brand Water

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Neither low or high beam? Do you have power out of the TIPM on the Wt/Tn wire (Rt Lo-beam)?
Any TIPM fault codes?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts