Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a good way to swap the headlight bulbs on the 2011-2014 200's yet? Need to replace at least the passenger side and of course, the week after it gave out, we get snow. I ordered the Silverstar Ultras, which just showed up today and have thought about having the dealer install them next time I'm in for an oil change instead.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is a supposed to be a small access panel in the fender well liner liner that can be removed to get to them, but my hands are too big to use anything that small. I replaced the bulbs in mine when I had the bumper cover off to fix the leaky transmission cooler lines (taking the cover off is surprisingly easy- especially the second time you do it) I then removed the whole headlight assembly and changed the bulbs on my workbench.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
There is no access panel on the 2011 or 2012.
To replace headlights, jack up car, remove wheel, remove wheelwell liner, reach up and turn rear headlight cover CCW to remove it. Turn bulb and socket CCW, pull rearward, unplug latched connector from bulb. Reverse process. Takes an hour if you've never done it before. I won't pay a dealer $100 or whatever they want, to do that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
BTW, Silverstar Ultras burned out very early (5 months) when I tried them in my last car. They're brighter because their life is much shorter.

Another warning on bulb fitment. Only buy a bulb where the metal base to the element is ROUND. The rectangular ones WILL NOT FIT, will not seat all the way in the plastic canister that holds the bulb. I wrestled with the **** thing for an hour before realizing that it would not insert enough to engage the socket tabs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced mine a couple months ago without taking the wheels off...there was A LOT of turning the wheels far right or far left to access all the clips in the wheel well liner but it's possible. Taking the wheels off would make it a million times easier I'm sure but it can be done without.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the oil change warning start to pop up on me and took it to the dealer to get that taken care of (they do it for the price of the filter since I bought it new there) and paid them to put the Silverstars in for me, the writer only charged me $20 for that too!

·
Registered
194 Posts
"I had the oil change warning start to pop up on me and took it to the dealer to get that taken care of (they do it for the price of the filter "

You can do this for free in 5 seconds. Turn the key to ON (not start), floor the gas pedal 3x and turn key off. This resets the warning.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can do this for free in 5 seconds. Turn the key to ON (not start), floor the gas pedal 3x and turn key off. This resets the warning.
Getting that taken care of included the $14.00 oil change, it was nearing 5k miles since the last visit;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts