Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
HIR2 is the part number, I found Philips bulb in one side, Osram in the other. Sylvania is also good.
But beware, some bulbs may not fit. Look at the metal 'cylinder' in the bulb, and make sure the new one is shaped the same. I found the hard way that some replacement bulbs have a rectangular column instead, and it prevents you from fully seating the bulb in the canister, the tabs won't engage because the bulb can't be fully inserted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know not all 9012 bulbs fit ,I did try a 9006 also but wasn't the greatest, I find once the factory bulbs burn out no matter what you buy after that they are short lived bulbs , especially for the price .Thank you for the help

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Anybody could recommend decent replacement bulbs for a first generation 200
I had installed the following bulbs into my 200C Sept? 2018 and it was still working until I traded the car off this past September. BUT, this past September did notice they were not as bright as they were when new. These bulbs are better and provide better lighting on the back country roads I was driving on. During fall, winter and spring, I was typically driving in dark for 3 hours each weekday for going to and from work.

Now if you live in a city, with lots of city lights, not sure if getting anything more than the standard bulbs will be worth the expense, but that's my opinion.

BIG POINTED ADVISE, USE GLOVES WHEN INSTALLING ANY NEW BULB, OILS ON FINGERS WILL GREATLY SHORTEN THESE MORE EXPENSIVE BULBS LIFE.......sorry about yelling, but I'm betting this point doesn't get across to many people and is not aimed for you, but in general for everyone.

Silverstar Headlight Bulbs

I also read these Philips bulbs lasted a lot longer than the silverstars, are less expensive and just as bright:

Philips Headlight Bulbs

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes I know not all 9012 bulbs fit ,I did try a 9006 also but wasn't the greatest, I find once the factory bulbs burn out no matter what you buy after that they are short lived bulbs , especially for the price .Thank you for the help
Well, we'll see. I only replaced mine 3 months ago. But my experience is that Silverstars and other 'brighter' bulbs are brighter because they run at higher wattage, and they do fail within about 6 months, because bulb life is inversely proportional to voltage. So a bulb that is run at 13.8 volts will last 10% less than one run at 13.2 volts. I use the standard brightness bulb, and so far over the years have gotten about 8 years out of every bulb, regardless of brand.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ,Lincoln, I find nothing last ,especially for how much the bulb cost. Maybe LED bulbs next

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wifes car has been running DDMtuning Canbus HID's using their harness for 5 years now...with only 1 burned out bulb.So easy to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts