Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chrysler 200 2011. It started with no heat on drivers side now I have no heat UNLESS it’s warm outside.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
356 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Is the coolant reservoir full? Have you had to add coolant?
Temp gauge reads normal? Both heater hoses warm? Does turning the temperature selector from cool to warm make any difference in heat (even if it only goes from cool to lukewarm)?
Has it had any cooling system service or maintenance done? Use only HOAT type coolant that meets Chrysler MS-9769, like Zerex G-05.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Chrysler 200 2011. It started with no heat on drivers side now I have no heat UNLESS it’s warm outside.
Look inside the radiator coolant reservoir cap and see if you have the yellow gunk that Chrysler added to stop non existent leaks. If so the only fix I have found is to have the garage flush it out several times. Until it is completely out I had to have it flushed once a month for several months. The yellow gunk collects on the passenger side of the heater core first then to the driver side. Not happy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. My 2012 did tge samething, the only fix was heater core replacement and full flush of sysyem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts