Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
The heater core looks really big in the picture when you zoom in but in reality it is very tiny and the coolant ports are almost microscopic. There isn't really much flow on the one end so even trying to back flush it would only work if you could put some serious pressure and flow through there. I am sure people have had success, but it is only temporary. I like the idea the guy in the video had of hooking a hose to his water heater and flushing the heater core.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, the 2011 heating issue has me thinking no more Chrysler. I have the same issue and after spending $$$ on several flushes I had the heater core replaced for $1500. Not long after more of the yellow @#$#$$## that you can see in the water reservoir clogged it up again. I am back to flushing the system every 2 months. Sad, nothing like my old 98 Sebring. I give up!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yep, the 2011 heating issue has me thinking no more Chrysler. I have the same issue and after spending $$$ on several flushes I had the heater core replaced for $1500. Not long after more of the yellow @#$#$$## that you can see in the water reservoir clogged it up again. I am back to flushing the system every 2 months. Sad, nothing like my old 98 Sebring. I give up!
I contemplated some kind of filter on the heater hose at the firewall but I never had anything in the surge tank like you referred to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 200 V6 limited. Last fall 2018 I replaced the heater core due to no heat. I also had issues with no heat on the passenger side. This year I again, felt not alot of heat and cold air blowing on the passenger side. Took it to my mechanic who flushed the system. Two weeks later, again no heat. I have it on the highest temperature and I can get heat for maybe 10 minutes and then cold air. Passenger side is always cold. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Another thing to consider in the later model 200s. I have a 2015 200 3.6. Earlier this year a heat problem developed in my car where I was getting no heat from my drivers side vents. The pass side was working normally. As I have a Chrysler extended warranty I took it into the dealer for them to fix. They determined that one of my 'Ambient Temp Sensors' was faulty. They ordered the part and installed it when the part came in. It was a nil fix. Apparently there are two such sensors within the system and they picked the wrong one. They ordered the other one and installed and it was a fix. When I asked the service guy where these sensors where located within the system he said that they were within the ducts behind the dash. I know they had the dash apart as they had removed my 'vent' phone holder and left it on my seat. I scanned my invoices and have posted copies in my post. There are part numbers in there which may help others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another thing to consider in the later model 200s. I have a 2015 200 3.6. Earlier this year a heat problem developed in my car where I was getting no heat from my drivers side vents. The pass side was working normally. As I have a Chrysler extended warranty I took it into the dealer for them to fix. They determined that one of my 'Ambient Temp Sensors' was faulty. They ordered the part and installed it when the part came in. It was a nil fix. Apparently there are two such sensors within the system and they picked the wrong one. They ordered the other one and installed and it was a fix. When I asked the service guy where these sensors where located within the system he said that they were within the ducts behind the dash. I know they had the dash apart as they had removed my 'vent' phone holder and left it on my seat. I scanned my invoices and have posted copies in my post. There are part numbers in there which may help others.
View attachment 56591
View attachment 56592
Thank you I will look into this on our car.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts