Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
The heater core looks really big in the picture when you zoom in but in reality it is very tiny and the coolant ports are almost microscopic. There isn't really much flow on the one end so even trying to back flush it would only work if you could put some serious pressure and flow through there. I am sure people have had success, but it is only temporary. I like the idea the guy in the video had of hooking a hose to his water heater and flushing the heater core.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, the 2011 heating issue has me thinking no more Chrysler. I have the same issue and after spending $$$ on several flushes I had the heater core replaced for $1500. Not long after more of the yellow @#$#$$## that you can see in the water reservoir clogged it up again. I am back to flushing the system every 2 months. Sad, nothing like my old 98 Sebring. I give up!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yep, the 2011 heating issue has me thinking no more Chrysler. I have the same issue and after spending $$$ on several flushes I had the heater core replaced for $1500. Not long after more of the yellow @#$#$$## that you can see in the water reservoir clogged it up again. I am back to flushing the system every 2 months. Sad, nothing like my old 98 Sebring. I give up!
I contemplated some kind of filter on the heater hose at the firewall but I never had anything in the surge tank like you referred to.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
Utah driver
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing