Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,512 Posts
A lot of the wiring probably isn't there and the heated/ventilated seat module may not support it.
An aftermarket steering wheel heater is a possibility? I'm not sure I like a cord hanging off something used to control the car:

Previous discussion:

·
Registered
2015 200S 2.4L
3 Posts
My car didn’t come with a heated steering wheel. Is there anyway to install one or any alternatives to the heated steering wheel?
This is possible if you have a heated seats. But you need to buy a heated steering wheel and a suitable snail steering column.
From the control unit under the passenger seat, you need to forward 2 cores of the cable to the snail. After that, it is enough to make a configuration change (Heated Steering Wheel — Present) through AlfaOBD and PROXI alignment.

If there is no seat heating, then a lot needs to be done: find a separate heating control unit (which is very difficult, they are sold with heated seats), add wiring for heating from the driver's seat to the passenger's seat, then add wiring under the passenger seat to the dashboard wiring (very difficult to change the body wiring. Therefore, it is enough to separate and install part of the wiring from the donor). Ideally, replace the dashboard wiring. Then do everything that I wrote earlier +AlfaOBD configuration change (Heated Seats — Front seats).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts