Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After noticing no hot air on the passenger side today I did the heater core flush and it was successful. Recommend flushing in both directions and alternating back and forth and also use some compressed air in both directions. Kept getting small flakes then finally none. Also use hot water then cold water. Final purge was compressed air then topped off with the correct Mopar antifreeze. Previous unmarried owner was near Daytona Florida so may not have used the heat much and it was hot on the driver side. 2012 3.6 with 58000 miles. Hopefully this will last for a while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After noticing no hot air on the passenger side today I did the heater core flush and it was successful. Recommend flushing in both directions and alternating back and forth and also use some compressed air in both directions. Kept getting small flakes then finally none. Also use hot water then cold water. Final purge was compressed air then topped off with the correct Mopar antifreeze. Previous unmarried owner was near Daytona Florida so may not have used the heat much and it was hot on the driver side. 2012 3.6 with 58000 miles. Hopefully this will last for a while.
Why would a car this new need flushing it is because of what Chrysler put in the system from manufacturing. It is like bardol sold at canadian tire. I had dealer flush my 200 and ended up with a heater core leak. I changed it opened the one tank on core it was sludge that look like bardol.

·
Registered
7 Posts

This is a picture of me wiping my finger in the corner of the tank. It looks like you know what. No wonder these heater cores plug. This is after a dealer flush. You can change your heater core in a few hours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes when it gets to that point I will replace the heater with the technique of cutting the pipes without removing the dash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well that bad as you say it is from factory.new. Your core will already look like this off the dealer lot. Nothing to do will get that bad they are all like this. This is the Chrysler 200 issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
This is the Chrysler 200 issue.
...or was it a Chrysler 200 issue in 2012? What year is your Chrysler 200? Did you buy it brand new?

I haven't heard of anyone with a 2nd gen 200 with this issue. FWIW the 2 2013's I had and bought new, neither had this issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts