Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new member. My wife is considering purchasing a used 2013 chrysler 200 at about 120 thousand miles. The body is prestine and it looks like the engine and fluids were well maintained. I wondering if there are any problems or issues that are common or known with said car? How exspensive are the fixes. I have never worked on chrysler or owned chrysler before how does it stack up to other cars.
Thankyou for your time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personally I absolutely love mine!!! I've had one fix...front hub bearing assembly. Even though it was only one, I bought a set of 2 replacement hub bearing assemblies with tie rods as a precaution at a great price. For $10 more I got a lifetime warranty. They were easy for my other half and our friend to replace too.
I've never owned a Chrysler til now and am so happy I did. I get great gas mileage and I love the quietness, the get up and go acceleration, comfort, and all its features. It did great in the snow too. Though I have to say in all this, I have the V6 Touring with the S package.
Only you can decide. Good luck☺

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have a 2014 4-cylinder and have had absolutely no issues with it other than a replacement of the electronic throttle body at about 50K miles. Bought it brand new when the redesigned 2015 version was introduced and it's been a great car in my opinion.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Id watch out for the alternator and the radiator "T" where you add fluid into. Its plastic and can crack. Had it happen.

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
I bought/leased two 2013 Chrysler 200's brand new before I bought my 2015.

All issues were very early on and fixed under warranty, minor issues except one on one of them, and I think it wasn't Chrysler's fault 100% but the dealer fixed it anyway even though they knew I modified the car - so since what you are buying has some miles on it - all the kinks are most likely worked out, you just have to worry about maintenance and wear and tear.

I would suggest to not replace the pads and rotors with OEM when the time comes. Not a safety issue, but they squeak when you backup and use the brakes. The 2015+ doesn't have this "issue" with OEM pads and rotors.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My wife bought a 2012 new, 4-cyl, and the only issue has been that one of the air box door motors failed. She has 77K miles on it, runs like new.
I bought a 2011 used last fall, 4-cyl, at 95K miles. It now has 116K miles, and recently the original 8-yr old battery and the alternator both failed. Other than that, it's like new, very happy with it.
Watch for the PZEV and non-PZEV engine types for the 4-cyl. The PZEV has platinum plugs that go 100K miles. The non-PZEV has regular plugs that only go 32K miles. I found that mine (non-PZEV) were original at 95K miles, and very deterioriated, and it would misfire on the highway with the slightest slope. Changed the plugs and all was well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chrysler is a pretty good brand but comparing it to Japanese maker, this is a little bit pricey when it comes to parts or accessories. My only problem with Chrysler is the ac gets too hot really fast. Noticed that the ac in Chrysler are problematic, same with my Jeep. Better check this first and try to test drive it for 30 mins and see if the ac is hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
themountain
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing