Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
Welcome to the forum. What year and engine?

Registered
What is the age and condition of the battery? If original, it may be weak/failing. Chrysler computer modules do not tolerate low voltage conditions.

Administrator
I'm not seeing a U0145 for this car. Are you sure?
Yes, battery must be in good shape with clean & tight terminals.

The P2172 is the 'vacuum leak' code. It was also addressed in a PCM software update in 2018. Has the car had the oil consumption (W20/W84) or catalytic converter (U90) recall done yet? The software would be updated during the recalls.
Used? Just purchased? If Chrysler doesn't know that you have the car, you may not receive recall notifications.

Do you hear any 'hiss' under the hood? Can you locate it? Check vacuum hoses on or around the throttle body. Especially the PCV hose could crack (you might not see the crack until you pinch the hose.
Worst case might be a failed throttle body assembly.
Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Asphalt Tire

Font Number Parallel Screenshot Document

The C121C is an ABS code. It is probably related to the P2172 as dependable engine torque may be needed to get out of a skid. The ESP system resides in the ABS module as both systems use the brakes to assure stability during a loss of traction.

The U0145 being a 'U' code is probably related to the CAN bus network communications between the modules.

Registered

The P2172 is the 'vacuum leak' code. It was also addressed in a PCM software update in 2018. Has the car had the oil consumption (W20/W84) or catalytic converter (U90) recall done yet? The software would be updated during the recalls.
Used? Just purchased? If Chrysler doesn't know that you have the car, you may not receive recall notifications.

Do you hear any 'hiss' under the hood? Can you locate it? Check vacuum hoses on or around the throttle body. Especially the PCV hose could crack (you might not see the crack until you pinch the hose.
View attachment 60571

View attachment 60572

The C121C is an ABS code. It is probably related to the P2172 as dependable engine torque may be needed to get out of a skid. The ESP system resides in the ABS module as both systems use the brakes to assure stability during a loss of traction.

The U0145 being a 'U' code is probably related to the CAN bus network communications between the modules.
No i have u1420 codes eps

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

View attachment 60571

View attachment 60572

U1424 eps code , i am chai
No i have u1420 codes eps
U1424

Administrator
Don't replace any more parts. Let's diagnose first.

Administrator
U1424 was also addressed in the same TSB as the P2172. If you replaced the PCM, do you know if it has the latest update? Is there a label on the PCM with a part number?

Has PROXI been performed with the 'different' PCM? Is the odometer display flashing?

Follow the 'Possible Causes' for C121C, but I think that it is because of P2172.
See 'Possible Causes'. Rule out any engine/exhaust defects for P2172. Use the correct motor oil.

The BCM communication Procedure is attached for the U1424 step.

What symptoms do you have? Loss of power?

Font Number Parallel Screenshot Document

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Brand

Rectangle Font Electric blue Parallel Screenshot

Product Rectangle Font Material property Magenta

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Sleeve Font

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
U1424 was also addressed in the same TSB as the P2172. If you replaced the PCM, do you know if it has the latest update? Is there a label on the PCM with a part number?

Has PROXI been performed with the 'different' PCM? Is the odometer display flashing?

Follow the 'Possible Causes' for C121C, but I think that it is because of P2172.
See 'Possible Causes'. Rule out any engine/exhaust defects for P2172. Use the correct motor oil.

View attachment 60573

View attachment 60577

View attachment 60574

View attachment 60575

View attachment 60578
Is the odometer display flashing. Radio not configured

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

View attachment 60573

View attachment 60577

View attachment 60574

View attachment 60575

View attachment 60578
when the car is running accelerator pressed and released engine switch off

Administrator
What am I supposed to be seeing above?
RTE LOW-Range to empty low. Avoid running low on fuel.
The car drives OK, but stalls when decelerating?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts