1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive tire Plant Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Finger Bumper Auto part Gas Fashion accessory

Red Gas Electric blue Auto part Bumper

Hello, so I’m working on a 2011 Chrysler 200 Touring 2.4L and the mode door actuator started to fail, me and my dad have looked everywhere but can not find a replacement part, the part number is 604-021 51920 1707. When that part number is looked up online the parts that pop up are male whereas this needs a female input. So I was wondering if anyone can help me find this part, the pictures attached are the front and back of the actuator and also where the actuator goes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I believe the actuator shaft has broken and you should be able to easily remove the broken piece from the mode door. The surface of the white outer ring in the actuator appears to be rough and not smooth as I would expect.

All of HVAC door actuators are identical. My experience has been to use OEM; had an after-market-one fail after a few months (also like the fact mopar includes the screws in case one is dropped:rolleyes:).

It appears this actuator is a doman so it has been replaced once before.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That isn't a Chrysler (Mopar) part or part number.
Someone has been in there before to replace that actuator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the actuator shaft has broken and you should be able to easily remove the broken piece from the mode door. The surface of the white outer ring in the actuator appears to be rough and not smooth as I would expect.

All of HVAC door actuators are identical. My experience has been to use OEM; had an after-market-one fail after a few months (also like the fact mopar includes the screws in case one is dropped:rolleyes:).

It appears this actuator is a doman so it has been replaced once before.
How hard would I have to pull to get the actuator shaft out of the mode door? I believe I was pulling with a decent amount of force but didn’t want to try to hard so I didn’t break anything and that piece didn’t come out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts