Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to all this stereo tech and need help. I have a Unitopsci android head unit trying to install in my Chrysler 200 s 2015. Is this possible and what module would I need? I searched and nothing on my vehicle was available. I would be very grateful for any assistance

·
Registered
112 Posts
While I have no experience with this particular head unit getting it to integrate with the car may be problematic. With so many of the car's settings controlled through the head unit it's not as simple as swapping it out. At a minimum you would need some kind of adapter module to allow the new head unit to communicate with the car via CAN Bus and emulate something the other modules recognize. My guess is that you haven't been able to find anything because this particular version of the 200 was only available for a few model years so there's not a ton of aftermarket support for it. You may have luck talking to professional installer since they might know ways to make it work but it might just not be possible

If the unit has an Idatalink port you can use an Idatalink Maestro RR to bridge the gap between the car and the head unit and allow you to still retain access to the vehicle settings. That's what I did in my 200 with a Kenwood head unit. However, as far as I know that is only available on more mainstream brands (Pioneer, Kenwood, etc).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and I have a maestro rr with an hrn-rr-ch13 but maestro doesnt let you flash my brand of radio and their just so expensive

·
Registered
112 Posts
They are expensive but if you plan to keep the car for a while and you want to be sure to be able to control all the car settings it's worth it. You might want to wait some though since with the shortage right now head units can be hard to come by and some of them have had their prices marked up because of short supply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts