Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
anyone had issues with the rear sway bar links? I was hearing noise whenever i go through speed bump. I took my car to mechanic and he said swar bar links need to be replaced which is causing noise. Anyone know Which one to buy? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,069 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I had to replace rear links at 18K miles (29000 km) in my 2016. The right side had play and was a rattle over bumps.
It was covered under the 3/36 warranty. The left and right sides are different part numbers. Replace both.
I used the Mopar brand. I don't know if anyone else sells OEM rear links for these.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Here are the aftermarket choices @ rockauto.com.

I've had both Mevotech and Moog (on a different vehicle, not the 200). They're both decent brands, though it's possible the Mopar OE is better. Mevotech made in Taiwan and Moog in eastern Europe (forget which country.)

You don't state which year your car is (and we have a fair number of owners of older 200s posting in the wrong forum) so don't order the parts from that link unless you have 2015-2017.

PS BTW There are other causes of rear suspension noise on this car. Can't hurt to change the links first though, as they are not expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forums. I had to replace rear links at 18K miles (29000 km) in my 2016. The right side had play and was a rattle over bumps.
It was covered under the 3/36 warranty. The left and right sides are different part numbers. Replace both.
I used the Mopar brand. I don't know if anyone else sells OEM rear links for these.
Thanks....one member just recommended the moog and mevotech brands and said he used it two different vehicles ..i think i would buy that one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can bad rear sway bar bushing cause noise in the front? Chrysler said my rear sway bar bushing are bad and that sound travels 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
I would have my doubts that a noise under the trunk floor could travel to the front. Fold the rear seatbacks down and go for a road test. It may help to have a helper sit back there to listen and confirm.
'Bad' meaning they are worn and thumping over bumps? Links knock or rattle. Rubber bushings thump.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Replaced the rear sway bar and the noise is still there over bumps. What a pain in the ass. Should have ordered links as well :mad: About to just remove the entire sway bar assembly.

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
STAR released a couple of bulletins for rattles. See if this is the noise?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts