Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 200 just began doing this same thing last night while driving to work...... Would love to know what you found out so I can cut cost as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed? What was the problem/solution?
My 200 just began doing this same thing last night while driving to work...... Would love to know what you found out so I can cut cost as well.

So you guys are getting a high coolant temp fault but the gauge is showing "not high temp"?

Did you recently have to add coolant, or had a low coolant level?

Seems like a false "air bubble" reading. More or less an air bubble passed on the temp sensor. The "air bubble" temp will read higher then the coolant temp. Idk..just throwing ideas out there

·
Registered
254 Posts
OK, I believe I figured this so called problem out.....I believe you entered the ETC throttle relearn procedure. I bought AlfaOBD. I did the ETC relearn. It didn't go as planned. I have the Hemi/Overkilled TB. So there were start/stop position faults that came back. But it did relearn. Throttle feedback changed, and when I go 100% pedal position, the valve position goes 120% now instead of 80%. I haven't gathered data, but throttle response slowed down a bit meaning if I give it say 25% now it stays in gear and goes where it would kick down before. In a way I like it. But looking at the position and voltages, there's a lot to be calibrated/fixed. Can't wait for HPTuners.

Anyway. When you actuate the ETC relearn, it says it on the dash. At one point playing around the coolant temp high prompt came up, then the ETC prompt. So......it seems there's a way to enter a ETC relearn like with the older 200's (key on run engine off, stomp the pedal) without a tool. I had Phantom200s try that older method when I sent him TB's to test. He said it didn't work.

So....I'm going to decompile the AlfaOBD apk, and see if I can find how to enter that mode or others within the apk code (pretty good at this). If you see that ETC message on the dash, hold the throttle pedal down for like 15 sec, then when you let off or at a certain point you'll hear a chime.

Also, if you have the Overkilled TB, I WOULDN'T do a relearn. It feels more peppy before, but ultimately there's a wider control range now, just requires more throttle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I am not very good with cars mechanics and such. I was driving my car on the highway doing about 80, when it popped up on my dash "Engine Temperature Hot" and also "service electronic throttle control". My coolant temperature doesn't pass 170 degrees and my heat blows out cold air. Can someone lead me in the direction of what could be wrong? My coolant is topped off, i thought that was the problem but I went and filled it up..and still having this problem. Any thoughts or anything would be good. Im only 23, college student on my own so I don't want to go to chrysler and they over charge me for something simple. So I would like to see if you guys know what might be going on. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi I am having this same issue and it comes and goes. I've replaced the coolant temp sensor. I was wondering if you have resolved this issue and if so what did u have to do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue, but perhaps I can be a bit more detailed for you. About 3-4 weeks ago I threw the P0128 code (low coolant or thermostat issue). My coolant was a low, so I topped off and reset the check engine light. A couple of days later I threw the same code again. Under warranty and dealership only has appointments 1 month out so I've been driving normally since. From then until now what I've noticed is that days below the freezing mark, I can't get the coolant temp above 165, and otherwise I get to about 185 but sometimes it happens at a normal rate and others it takes way too long. Accelerating drops the temp a bit, as does overall vehicle speed independent of RPM's. So, this likely looks like a thermostat stuck 'open' (faster speed draws more air over the radiator blades and cools faster). However, tonight things seemed normal-ish (185 coolant temp), and out of nowhere I get the 'engine too hot' warning, and then the 'service throttle control' warning...coolant temp indicator had no reading (just three dashes). I was close to home so finished the drive, but the hvac (which was set to HI - it's cold here) was blowing cooler air, maybe 72*. Once home, I turned car off, inspected all hoses etc for leaks as well as coolant level with no obvious issues. Also checked engine oil to make sure there was no coolant/oil mixing indicating a head gasket issue, again nothing. I turn the car back on maybe 2 minutes after shutting it down and it read 136* with no 'engine too hot' or 'throttle control' warning lights. Drove down to the store at the end of my street and got the temp up to 143*. All of this is after a 40 minute commute, so it definitely should have been at the 185+. Now I'm wondering if the whole issue is not the thermostat, but the temp sensor. Fotunately, my dealer appointment is day after tomorrow finally, but I'm a bit concerned about my work commute tomorrow, as the throttle control issue can be dangerous. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Ken

·
Registered
872 Posts
I was sporadically getting a overheat message, like once every couple of weeks and the temp would quickly go down. Finally looked at the coolant reservoir and was a little low. It took maybe a quart. I see no signs of a leak and the problem has not came back in several weeks now.

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue. I am having the same issue with my Chrysler 200 2016. Mine it might be the fan because if I put my car to Max Ac, the fan is not turning/working.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts