Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 15 Chrysler 200s AWD and I love it! I added a stage 3 performance chip and I really love the power and torque it added to my car. My acceleration is amazing now! I have a YouTube channel called "Viralspeed" come check out my channel. I will be uploading more videos of my car and things I add or take away from it. "ViralSpeed" is the channel"

·
Registered
396 Posts

Link above is my speedo vid from a year ago. Its running even better now. No chip. Unlocked PCM w limiters disabled, 5 deg ignition advance, CAI and Magnaflow cat back exhaust. P.U.G. lower intake coming in the summer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey your video was nice! Let me know where I can follow you so I can see what it does this summer, and follow me on YouTube at “ViralSpeed”.... can’t wait to see your 200 this summer!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Link above is my speedo vid from a year ago. Its running even better now. No chip. Unlocked PCM w limiters disabled, 5 deg ignition advance, CAI and Magnaflow cat back exhaust. P.U.G. lower intake coming in the summer.
Hey your video was nice! Let me know where I can follow you so I can see what it does this summer, and follow me on YouTube at “ViralSpeed”.... can’t wait to see your 200 this summer!
your tune price ticket? , I’ve been thinking of doing that also

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks! Your vid was cool also! You need some revenge on your boy w the charger though. I don't post on Youtube but I'll post another speedo vid here. I blogged my tune on this thread....
Tune was $650 included PCM unlock and software and laptop remote loaner. (It was done remotely)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Your vid was cool also! You need some revenge on your boy w the charger though. I don't post on Youtube but I'll post another speedo vid here. I blogged my tune on this thread....
Tune was $650 included PCM unlock and software and laptop remote loaner. (It was done remotely)
Nice!! I’ve read on that, I’m looking into it now! Thanks buddy ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey whats up buddy,

quick question, do i need to replace my tpms(4) every time i replace my tires?

I know....something I should know...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ive replaced my tires a couple times and havent had too do anything. All good and reading correct.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
278 Posts
Are you having any issues with the tire pressure sensors or low warning message? Battery life is variable, but generally they last a few years.
Around here with the road salt and aluminum wheels, we get corrosion that causes slow leaks. The tire beads and valve stems need service occasionally. Anti-corrosion methods are much better than they used to be.
My tires were never rotated before I got the car as a lease return. The fronts are worn and rears are noisy. With 23K miles on them, I would like to replace all 4 this coming winter. It is an AWD and traction was no problem this past winter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey bro!
Hey quick question, never really understood limiters until now! After the mods done to my car, while driving for performance results, I notice that when my car hit 120mph, it backs off! I assume THAT is what a locked pcm with limiter enabled does?? Help me out wit this easy question! My 2nd question is, and if I could get your cold hearted truthful opinion, tuning my engine, am I setting myself up for serious possible repairs? Like isn’t that’s why these cars come with limiters? Definitely wanna take the step on gettin a tune, just nervous ima regret it!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey bro!
Hey quick question, never really understood limiters until now! After the mods done to my car, while driving for performance results, I notice that when my car hit 120mph, it backs off! I assume THAT is what a locked pcm with limiter enabled does?? Help me out wit this easy question! My 2nd question is, and if I could get your cold hearted truthful opinion, tuning my engine, am I setting myself up for serious possible repairs? Like isn’t that’s why these cars come with limiters? Definitely wanna take the step on gettin a tune, just nervous ima regret it!
The PCM is encrypted from the factory and needs too be sent too HP tuners too be unlocked so you can access settings. Yes, limiters are mostly for safety from damage and also speeding.Also to keep it in factory parameters too give the best mileage, drivability, etc...not a concern for a hot rodder. Today's engines are ultra efficient and durable and make a lot of power and are down tuned and limited for reasons mentioned. Grandma and average joe don't need too go 140mph or have heavy tourqe steer under acceleration. Use common hot rodding sense.... Speed rated tires, good brakes and suspension, premium lubricants.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The speed limiter was set too 117 from factory and it prob starts kickin in around 90, slowly closing the throttle body and shutting off fuel. Disabling that 1st is the most beneficial part of the tune. Now the PCM can get unrestricted readings on your intake and exhaust mods and adjust. From there it's how much spark advance and VVT you wanna do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The speed limiter was set too 117 from factory and it prob starts kickin in around 90, slowly closing the throttle body and shutting off fuel. Disabling that 1st is the most beneficial part of the tune. Now the PCM can get unrestricted readings on your intake and exhaust mods and adjust. From there it's how much spark advance and VVT you wanna do.
Wait, so getting the limiters removed and getting my pcm tuned are completely separate? And if so, who you went thru, will they do both?

·
Registered
396 Posts
You have too have PCM unlocked first before u can do anything. Other than your bolt-ons, everything is done thru the PCM. Check w some local speed shops. RPM motorsports in AZ did mine... Check his website.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didn’tsee this posted but got it now! 👍🏾

1 - 17 of 17 Posts