Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new member here, and I was trying to find a post I was reading about a third party who bought out Uconnect and isn’t updating the 8.4 nav in a few vehicles. Like my Jeep Cherokee, I think the Pacifica was another and there was a a couple others. I have just been to my local dealer who was perplexed as this was news to him. I agree with the OP that a good media system that features navigation was an upgrade I was looking for thought I had purchased, and would have enjoyed. Anyone know any work-arounds for this?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What year? Do you have NAV now & the maps are just obsolete?
Check for updates to your current software level at Uconnect by entering your VIN:
The Chrysler map update website is run by 'HERE':
Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Parallel

Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia Software

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi new member here, and I was trying to find a post I was reading about a third party who bought out Uconnect and isn’t updating the 8.4 nav in a few vehicles. Like my Jeep Cherokee, I think the Pacifica was another and there was a a couple others. I have just been to my local dealer who was perplexed as this was news to him. I agree with the OP that a good media system that features navigation was an upgrade I was looking for thought I had purchased, and would have enjoyed. Anyone know any work-arounds for this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Jeep Cherokee is a 2017 75th anniversary edition. The dealer, the small car company I bought the vehicle from, and myself have all done everything possible to do. The dealer said helisntwch was on the phone trying to figure out why this 3rd party buyer of Uconnect decided not to support the Jeep Cherokee any more, but my Cherokee says an update is offered, but it won’t download, and that’s why, evidently. They stopped supporting it. The dealer said it was news to him! I was just wondering if the Uconnect gurus had any insight, or if there would be a work-around… I’m at a loss as to what to do. Right now I can get a map up but cannot enter an address. It says by phone isn’t synched up but it is… crazy stuff, this unsupported Uconnect!

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
I don't understand why the dealer is having a hard time with this. Are they a dedicated Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram dealer?
Some NAV updates won't install until the radio software is at the latest & greatest version. That has to be done first.
A cheap USB stick may not have the required loading speed required. I had this problem when trying to use a SanDisk 2.0 and had to step up to a Kingston 3.2 USB drive. After that, it took the update fine.
KL is the Cherokee. Your Cherokee is newer than the last 200 and we can still get updates for the 200.
Has the dealer updated the radio to the latest software level?
This is an address fix mentioned in one bulletin:
Font Rectangle Number Monochrome Brand

See symptom 'fixes' below:
Font Number Document

Font Number Terrestrial plant Screenshot Document

Font Number Screenshot Document Parallel

Font Document Parallel Number Screenshot

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

Rectangle Product Azure Font Software

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

Font Number Document Screenshot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s that 8-061 update and after that was unsupported . The dealer that I went to I’m sure would have all those updates since it’s a big reputable company in the area. He said the tech called the Uconnect people and those people said that they couldn’t download an update because the updates weren’t supported in my vehicle. I do have a call back in to the service place to get some specifics. Thanks for printing that stuff out for me though. I took pics and if I can take this further, I’d like to. It just sounds weird that a few cars here and there were unable to go 4gig, or have map updates . Just seems random..

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Please post back & let us know how you make out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts