Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is about higher flowing lower intake manifolds . A friend of mine turned me on to a discovery he made . Apparently on the 2016 and up Grand Cheerokees 3.6s and all the new vehicles with start/stop technology , they went with a different intake manifold that works on our cars. Its also part of the Pentastar Upgrade Engine (PUG) that used in the 2018 JL's.

I'm running it out of the box on my car and it picked up mid-range and top end. I could feel the power coming on much sooner .

In this picture , the top is the manifold out of the box. The bottom picture is a fully ported stock manifold . See how much bigger then port is ?

Part number 05281803aa is the new design and it's pretty inexpensive .
It runs 104.78 on some sites.

What about everyone else ?

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have one of these and they work as advertised, a nice increase in both low and top end power and when combined with a tune is awesome

·
Registered
562 Posts
How hard is it to remove that intake manifold?
Sounds like a worthy mod.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took me about 20-30 minutes . 100 bucks for 10-20 horsepower is pretty cheap and cost effective . 🤔

·
Registered
805 Posts
I saw the video, not gonna bother.
Looks like 75-80% of the work will have to be done anyway when changing plugs, so seems that would be a good time to consider swapping the manifold, if you don't want to bother otherwise.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What most people don't realize is how restrictive the factory tune is, and any airflow type mods make a big difference. I did Intake, Manifold, Throttlebody and exhaust all before I got my tune and got gains. The tune was just icing on the cake

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I've got a coule questions.about this now and am highly curious!

#1. Is this something that can be backdated onto earlier Pentastar V-6s as well, my 200 is a 2012.

#2. Do you need the whole intake, or just the lower half and is the top half the same shape on these as they are on the earlier FWD 3.6l like the Avenger/200, Journey, and Caravan/T&C?

·
Registered
288 Posts
This post is about higher flowing lower intake manifolds . A friend of mine turned me on to a discovery he made . Apparently on the 2016 and up Grand Cheerokees 3.6s and all the new vehicles with start/stop technology , they went with a different intake manifold that works on our cars. Its also part of the Pentastar Upgrade Engine (PUG) that used in the 2018 JL's.

I'm running it out of the box on my car and it picked up mid-range and top end. I could feel the power coming on much sooner .

In this picture , the top is the manifold out of the box. The bottom picture is a fully ported stock manifold . See how much bigger then port is ?

I was on the fence about doing a ported lower but now w your info, I will be doing when plug time comes around. Pretty good gains for the $. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got a coule questions.about this now and am highly curious!

#1. Is this something that can be backdated onto earlier Pentastar V-6s as well, my 200 is a 2012.

#2. Do you need the whole intake, or just the lower half and is the top half the same shape on these as they are on the earlier FWD 3.6l like the Avenger/200, Journey, and Caravan/T&C?
1: Yes . It should bolt on to any 2011-2019 pentastar v6

2: Just the lower . And new gaskets .

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just linked this to AvengerForumz' 3.6l section and NAXJA's KL Cherokee section too, just in case there might be interest on either one.
No one mods Cherokee KL's except for me =)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm not touching mine because I had an Oil Leak and they replaced gaskets down there, so I wouldn't want to mess it up, plus I spin the wheels all the time as it is when I step on it, so more power would make it worse, plus it's not the most reliable car I've ever had to say the least, so I may not keep it for as long as I originally planned.

oil leak receipt (F).jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
Modifying a vehicle for better performance is always a risk, no matter what the aftermarket modification is.

That's one thing I don't miss about my first gen 200 is that it was FWD. It's nice to be able to just go when I hit the pedal, regardless of if the road is wet or dry or if coming out of a corner etc...

·
Registered
254 Posts

I'm that guy btw👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems a little difficult for a first timer. Kinda scary.......... but if that’s what you have to do to change the plugs then you’d be dumb if you didn’t do the manifold it’s right there.

Thank You for video was really well done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for sharing this information, have been looking to see what else I can do to increase the power of my 200C and will be doing this in the future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts