Chrysler 200 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the forum posting but have read and done searches. Aren't there an issue with the larger opening of the lower and matching it with the proper upper? I know the flow and volume of the lower is larger but wouldnt that mean the port opening would be smaller on the upper? Everything I have searched and read(Even off Overkills site) is that there is no need to port the upper but just wondering if it's worth it to buy the entire manifold setup. This is on a 2011 btw.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I believe just the bottom ports where it goes into the cylinder head is bigger. no need to change the upper. doing mine in the spring ill post the results here.

Reactions: Black Knight

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe just the bottom ports where it goes into the cylinder head is bigger. no need to change the upper. doing mine in the spring ill post the results here.
Ah ok. That makes a little more sense. The picture in the first post made the top opening appearance seem bigger to me also.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Has anyone done anything with the exhaust crossover Y pipe.

It looks terribly torturous but possibly not as bad as it looks.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
1 Posts
This post is about higher flowing lower intake manifolds . A friend of mine turned me on to a discovery he made . Apparently on the 2016 and up Grand Cheerokees 3.6s and all the new vehicles with start/stop technology , they went with a different intake manifold that works on our cars. Its also part of the Pentastar Upgrade Engine (PUG) that used in the 2018 JL's.

I'm running it out of the box on my car and it picked up mid-range and top end. I could feel the power coming on much sooner .

In this picture , the top is the manifold out of the box. The bottom picture is a fully ported stock manifold . See how much bigger then port is ?

Part number 05281803aa is the new design and it's pretty inexpensive .
It runs 104.78 on some sites.

What about everyone else ?
You mention the 3.6L GRAND CHEROKEE above , my question is regarding my 2016 Jeep CHEROKEE KL 3.2L
pentastarv6performance.com shows the same part for the 3.2L Cherokee KL, however, the Mopar parts sites does not reflect they are compatible.

Are you able to confirm that the lower intake part number 05281803AA WILL fit a 3.2L 2016 CHEROKEE KL 3.2L?
Also, is part number 05281803AA an actual upgrade from part 5184199AF?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Seems a little difficult for a first timer. Kinda scary.......... but if that’s what you have to do to change the plugs then you’d be dumb if you didn’t do the manifold it’s right there.

Thank You for video was really well done.
I bought the parts but was leery of doing this myself. "Fortunately" my car developed an oil filter housing leak which necessitated disassembly of the part that I had. I gave it to the service advisor and asked him to have the tech substitute my part for the old one when re-assembling the manifolds. Problem solved and I did not have to get my hands dirty... not that there is anything wrong with that!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ugh. Mine went through 2 oil filter housings within a year. First time I didn't have the larger lower manifold yet...I took everything apart again to put that in. And a month ago is when the filter housing was leaking for the second time. I can now take apart and put everything back together with my eyes closed lol.

·
Registered
2015 200s 3.6 AWD
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You mention the 3.6L GRAND CHEROKEE above , my question is regarding my 2016 Jeep CHEROKEE KL 3.2L
pentastarv6performance.com shows the same part for the 3.2L Cherokee KL, however, the Mopar parts sites does not reflect they are compatible.

Are you able to confirm that the lower intake part number 05281803AA WILL fit a 3.2L 2016 CHEROKEE KL 3.2L?
Also, is part number 05281803AA an actual upgrade from part 5184199AF?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes. It will 100% fit a KL. It's an upgrade over the stock lower .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts