Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see where my 200 can take me in terms of mileage before trans/engine drop...
I currently have 45k on my 2014 200, want at least 150k.
Any high mileage 200's out there?

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts
I am at 89K miles right now on my 15.

I would expect ~300K out of it (but I won't take it that far), obviously replacing parts here and there that WILL wear out ex - muffler, alternator, starter, multiple batteries etc...

My 1998 Dakota just turned 200K miles this month, actually low miles for the year. Still running strong as an Ox, no smoke, good compression etc...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm at 98.5k miles now on my 15 (built in July of 14). Had I not been furloughed, I would hit 100k by end of month due to long drive to and from work. Having spark plugs changed beginning of February and fully expect another 100k miles on this car. Will admit would be nice if it does well beyond 200k.

I'm sick of car payments and owing a bank money. Just going to fix this car when it breaks down.

For the OP, check your owners manual, the older version of the 200 I believe require transmission fluid changes. Keep up with the maintenance and it should last you the 150k miles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have a 2011 Avenger, which is a close cousin to the 11-14 200's. We have nearly 110,000 miles. Pentastar V6 has been flawless, the transmission can be a bit clunky at times, but too has never required a repair. Minor repairs have been an alternator and front wheel bearings. Change the transmission fluid often - 150k easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Going on 121,000 with my 2011 200. Nothing but heading problems so far

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bought my 2011 a few months ago at 95K miles. Carfax clean. Have 103K miles now, not a single failure that I know of.
My wife bought a 2012 new and has 74K miles on hers. Only issues have been intermittent P0401 code for evap leak; at 7K miles the fuel gauge had a bad ground in the dash that caused temporary empty readings; and the recirc motor failed in the vent box.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just turned 100K and my step daughter is driving it now. I went back to GM. Sold the TBSS and wife has an FCA product now :eek:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Any car can go 200K miles on the original drivetrain with proper maintenance and treatment.

I bought my 2011 last fall, have put 17K miles on it, it now has 112K miles. It runs like brand new. No issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 200 in June of 2014 with 65,500 miles on it. I now as of June 2019 have 246,000 miles. Most of the miles are highway miles. Only problems up to this month have been alternator and front wheel bearing. I believe those to be normal wear and tare on a vehicle with a good bit of miles. Best of luck to you.

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts
I bought my 200 in June of 2014 with 65,500 miles on it. I now as of June 2019 have 246,000 miles. Most of the miles are highway miles. Only problems up to this month have been alternator and front wheel bearing. I believe those to be normal wear and tare on a vehicle with a good bit of miles. Best of luck to you.
Welcome to the forum! What year, engine and trim level is your 200?

·
Registered
24 Posts
In September, I traded in my 2002 Sebring with the 2.4 with just under 242000 miles. It still ran great. I would expect at least 150K with the 3.6 (if I can keep my foot from hitting the floor so often).

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Limited with 4 cylinder. Purchased in summer of 2016 with just under 25,000 miles. Turned 214,000 miles this week. Tires, spark plugs/coils and a battery. Almost all highway miles (still original brake pads). I hope I don't jinx myself now!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
2016 Limited with 4 cylinder. Purchased in summer of 2016 with just under 25,000 miles. Turned 214,000 miles this week. Tires, spark plugs/coils and a battery. Almost all highway miles (still original brake pads). I hope I don't jinx myself now!
DANG!!!!! And I thought my 2015 200C with the 3.6 liter had a lot of miles at 116,000! I too still have original brake pads, but most likely will need to replace in about 5 months.

·
Super Moderator
1,734 Posts
DANG!!!!! And I thought my 2015 200C with the 3.6 liter had a lot of miles at 116,000! I too still have original brake pads, but most likely will need to replace in about 5 months.
That's great brake pad life. Already replaced front pads and rotors on the wife's car around 50K. ( Yes, in my opinion, some people are harder on brakes then others )
Coming up on 100K and the rear pads are now in need of replacement, and quite possibly the fronts, again. I'll do that when we get the next set of tires towards the end of summer.
So far, just maintenance items are all that has been needed.
Excellent car, much better then the Chevy Cruze and the Toyota Corolla that were the wife's previous cars.

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts
Just hit 100K.

I still have my original rear pads and rotors on the car. I "upgraded" the front ones, but have the original ones in-tact in my garage, they are not even 50% worn. I am a moderate driver leaning towards "spirited" driving.

My observation is that Chrysler fixed the brake issues that the 1st gen had (both mine did) - premature wear, squeaking in reverse etc...

I had multiple issues with ignition coils. All my coil problems are because I didn't change the plugs soon enough, the manual said change them at 100K and I waited to 100K miles. Mistake.

One fuel injector failed at 100K miles. I replaced it myself.

My PTU went out several times, replaced under warranty. Driveshaft and rear axle also failed once and were replaced under warranty.

My radiator also sprung a leak. I replaced that myself - recently.

My PTU is going out again now that it's out of warranty - I pulled the PTU fuse and have been driving it around as a FWD 200 for the time being. At least it's getting better fuel mileage. When I do the repair, I will post pictures etc...

Doing a web search for "PTU failed", surprisingly, almost every result is for Ford, I think there's even a class action lawsuit.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
That's great brake pad life. Already replaced front pads and rotors on the wife's car around 50K. ( Yes, in my opinion, some people are harder on brakes then others )
Coming up on 100K and the rear pads are now in need of replacement, and quite possibly the fronts, again. I'll do that when we get the next set of tires towards the end of summer.
So far, just maintenance items are all that has been needed.
Excellent car, much better then the Chevy Cruze and the Toyota Corolla that were the wife's previous cars.
I'm really surprised with the brake life on my 200. My past cars I've always had to change pads out and turn rotors somewhere between 60k to 70k miles. So when the dealer replaced my spark plugs, changed oil and checked my brakes at 100k miles, they told me I still had 50% pad life, I was very surprised. I would like to say I do mostly highway miles, but much of my highway miles is being stuck in stop and go traffic on I270 heading into the DC region. I'm guessing that around 40-50% of my miles are true highway miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to see where my 200 can take me in terms of mileage before trans/engine drop...
I currently have 45k on my 2014 200, want at least 150k.
Any high mileage 200's out there?
Mine is at 140xxx maybe a little closer to 150xxx im not completely sure and im not around my car but its kinda sorta starting to slip but not 110% sure it could be something else every time i try to show somebody it doesn't do it it rarely does it at all but also before or sometimes after it happens i hear what kinda sounds like a winding up sound not sure if it helps but i drive mine hundreds of miles to see family usually 700 total round trip 300 there 300 back and about 100 round the city I visit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
Bconfer
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing