Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My 2016 chrysler 200 haven't home link.
I buy and install it to my car, but it no work, no any light in keys. It work on another car that have home link.
Why ?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,224 Posts
How are you wiring power to the Homelink? Is there 12 volts on the Gray (GY) wire?
If you install the sales code for the Homelink into the BCM, it may power on. Otherwise a 12 v source can be wired to the connector.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Drawing Line art

Rectangle Font Newspaper Circle Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Circle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
A digital multimeter doesn't offer much of a load. Testing the gray wire with an incandescent 12 v test light would probably drop that 3 volts to 0 volts.

Since the car originally didn't come with Homelink, the BCM probably isn't putting power on that wire. It may be possible to enter the Homelink sales code (CHP?) into the BCM with the scan tool to tell it that it that it now has Homelink.
Or simply cut & splice an available 12 volt source into the gray wire.

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

When I install a Mopar Remote Start system in a vehicle that didn't come with Remote Start, I have to enter the Remote Start sales code into the module to tell it that the vehicle now has that option. After that, everything works.
This is the new way to add different options to vehicles if the wiring & other required foundation is there to support it.

Font Brand Art Logo Graphics

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, i chek it by scan tools. What is sales code?
I do not know the meaning of sales code.
And pls send to me link of mopar remote start. I want to install it if is possible for my car.

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
A sales code is a 3-character 'word' that is entered into a computer module, so that the car recognizes & accepts the new option. The hardware for supporting that option must be present.
Once the module knows that it has this option, it can enable the option.
Not all options can be accepted on all cars, either because of other options or what market (region) the car is intended for.

The kit to install Remote Start on a 200 (UF-body) is Mopar # 82214175AD.

Font Circle Number Document Rectangle

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
A list of potential sales codes is in the link above in post #6. It will vary by region, year, model, etc what can be enabled & what can't.
A Remote Start is fairly universal and XBM should be able to go in. The CHP I'm not sure about. I've never added a Homelink.
A WiTech2 (dealer) or Alfa-OBD tool can add sales codes and reconfigure the PROXI. The BCM is the Gateway module on these cars.
A list of options and sales codes already on your vehicle should be available for your VIN on the Chrysler website. This is a copy of what it looks like (disregard the 'S' at the end of the code):

Font Material property Screenshot Document Parallel

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information. I live in Iran. Mopar has no office or services here. And we have to get all the information ourselves through research and study. There are only 15 Chrysler 200s in Iran. So I have to buy Witech or Alphaobd. I can buy obd mx+ through Amazon for add sales code.

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
Hopefully Stellantis can reopen areas where dealer support lacks.
The 200 Ukraine forum has a lack of dealer support as well. Service is either too expensive or just not available.
Good luck with adding options to yours. The mx+ is capable, I hope that it can enable the additions for you.
I'm always happy to help out a fellow 200 owner. :)

Reactions: amin.zallaghi

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The climate in my area is very hot (50° in summer 🥵) and I need a remote starter for automatic ventilation and car cooling. But my car does not have automatic air conditioning and I have to install it as well. Do you think this option will be enabled on my car as well?

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
Do you have 'Uconnect Settings' functions on the radio touchscreen? I can't say for certain if this can be enabled or not.

From the Uconnect manual:

Font Number Document

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had uconnect 5 and upgraded it to uconnect 8.4. I did not have a seat heater in version 5, but with the installation of 8.4 a heater was added for the driver's and passenger seat. Of course, it heats up a little 😁 And the auto Comfort item was added to the uconnect menu.
I dont have auto key on console climate control but i wanna to install S rotary shifter and climate control with Auto mode.

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
You can check for Uconnect updates here:
The radio had an update from Chrysler as well. I don't know what market your radio is (EMEA)?
These may or may not apply.

Font Material property Screenshot Magenta Parallel

Product Font Line Screenshot Material property

Product Font Line Screenshot Parallel

Font Rectangle Circle Number Magenta

Font Screenshot Electric blue Parallel Number

Font Rectangle Circle Number Parallel

You can enter the Dealer & Engineering modes to check your software level. If you purchased NAV, you can look, but I would be wary of resetting the radio to factory defaults. You may lose the NAV function.
Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Parallel

I believe that the PRNDL and PRNDS shifter modules will interchange:

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
You are correct. I didn't remember that the radio was changed from a 5 to an 8.4.

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
Maybe a VIN of a car that hasn't been already updated. Otherwise it will tell you that your Uconnect is up to date.
I will PM my VIN (2016 200 S RA4) to try, but I have all the updates done.

Reactions: amin.zallaghi

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
Do you have or can you get the VIN of the car that your radio came out of?
The label on the radio may have a partial VIN? I just need the last 8 characters of the donor's VIN to get the whole VIN.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts