Chrysler 200 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
When I install a Mopar Remote Start system in a vehicle that didn't come with Remote Start, I have to enter the Remote Start sales code into the module to tell it that the vehicle now has that option. After that, everything works.
This is the new way to add different options to vehicles if the wiring & other required foundation is there to support it.
I wanna to add remote start and a question:
When i remove old rf antenna and install new antenna, car engine start can go to acc for using alfaobd?!
Because in my knowledge, alfaobd only work in acc mode

· Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
3,083 Posts
Some modules may be awake in 'ACC', but the PCM would need to be in 'RUN' in order to operate AFAIK.
I have no experience with the Alfa-OBD except from what I've read about it. I've always used the WiTech2.
Perhaps someone with an Alfa-OBD can answer this question?

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Some modules may be awake in 'ACC', but the PCM would need to be in 'RUN' in order to operate AFAIK.
I have no experience with the Alfa-OBD except from what I've read about it. I've always used the WiTech2.
Perhaps someone with an Alfa-OBD can answer this question?
For learn keyfob, WiTech2 no need run mode ?
I can only buy alfaobd ☹

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A digital multimeter doesn't offer much of a load. Testing the gray wire with an incandescent 12 v test light would probably drop that 3 volts to 0 volts.

Since the car originally didn't come with Homelink, the BCM probably isn't putting power on that wire. It may be possible to enter the Homelink sales code (CHP?) into the BCM with the scan tool to tell it that it that it now has Homelink.
Or simply cut & splice an available 12 volt source into the gray wire.

View attachment 59453

When I install a Mopar Remote Start system in a vehicle that didn't come with Remote Start, I have to enter the Remote Start sales code into the module to tell it that the vehicle now has that option. After that, everything works.
This is the new way to add different options to vehicles if the wiring & other required foundation is there to support it.

View attachment 59454
I run proxy alligment by Alfaobd and obdmx+ but homelink not run.
I don't know how to add the sales code by Alfa to BCM

· Administrator
3,083 Posts
Is there 12 v power at the gray wire and a good ground? The UGDO (universal garage door opener) has the power supplied by the BCM. If the power isn't there, you have to add a wire.
The UGDO is an independent module & isn't on the communications bus network. It is not part of the PROXI.
Sales code CHP?
Font Number Document

Slope Rectangle Line Font Parallel

Use care when re-installing the visor. We have seen crushed/pinched wires.
Jaw Automotive parking light Guitar accessory Font Silver

· Administrator
3,083 Posts
Splice the gray wire to a 12 volt (ign-on) source. The BCM circuit probably cannot supply the required 12 volts.

Reactions: amin.zallaghi

· Administrator
3,083 Posts
I think that the only way to get the required 12 volts out of the BCM on C8; Terminal #6 is to get it to recognize the sales code CHP.
If you don't have that option, perhaps the BCM can offer another 'ign-on' 12 volt source for powering the Homelink (UGDO)?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts