Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried to connect to the chrysler.com site and it will not let me login or even register, so is the siet down or not being used anymore? i got a letter that said ti was from chrysler for the warranty as mu 2016 is about to run out. i went to that letters website and it would not let me do anything so i figured it was a scam. now i try chryslers site and it will not let me login and i have an account. i tried to re-register just to see if it had my email there and it just whirligigs.

what i may do is get an extended coverage from chrysler direct, not from any secondary company as i figure if i was to get the coverage from chrysle the dealer is going to do a bit better job of any repairs as they know theya re going to get paid. thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been trying to log in also and It has been down for over a week at least,

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok got it. for some reason the ublock would not let it open. i forgot about checking ublock to see if that was it. thanks for the help.

i got a letter from a place that claimed to be chrysler for extended warranty called quote.moparextended.com and the first page asked for email and it did not go any further so i figured it was just a scam sight, so i tried chrysler.com and that did not open either, i even tried to register just in case i did not have an account and that failed, ublock must have blocked the chrysler site.

my 200 is getting close to running out of the factory warranty and i was going to check out prices on the chrysler sight for extending the power train part at least. so does chrysler have extended warranties? and of so are they any good? thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i got online to the chrysler site and asked them about that letter i got. now i will wait to see if that letter is from them or some scam company. also while i was online i checked to see about software updates and i found one. i checked my car and it show 15.25.8 in the instructions that number is not in any section see below. so should i goto the dealer and have them do an update? based on the statement if my update is below the top list see the dealer? what does that update do? is it just for the radio or is it for the car? i have a bit of a shifting issue and the dealer did not seem concerned when i emailed them. thanks

If your software version is listed below proceed to download 18.45.01 software update. 17.11.07
If your software version is listed below proceed to your local dealer.
15.26.1 i'm between these

·
Registered
844 Posts
ok i got online to the chrysler site and asked them about that letter i got. now i will wait to see if that letter is from them or some scam company. also while i was online i checked to see about software updates and i found one. i checked my car and it show 15.25.8 in the instructions that number is not in any section see below. so should i goto the dealer and have them do an update? based on the statement if my update is below the top list see the dealer? what does that update do? is it just for the radio or is it for the car? i have a bit of a shifting issue and the dealer did not seem concerned when i emailed them. thanks

If your software version is listed below proceed to download 18.45.01 software update. 17.11.07
If your software version is listed below proceed to your local dealer.
15.26.1 i'm between these
I don't know the answer, but since your software version is so old, it certainly should be updated.

If it were me, I would call the dealer and ask them. They will probably tell you to make an appointment to come in.

Then I would download the latest version and attempt to install it myself. If the install doesn't work, you already have the appointment set. If it does install, just cancel the appointment.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks because it is an update they should do it for free. but because my ver. is in the take it to the dealer section i emailed them to see. my ver. is not listed exactly but in that area. based on the numbers i posted it is between the top and second one down in the take it to the dealer section. thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
thanks because it is an update they should do it for free. but because my ver. is in the take it to the dealer section i emailed them to see. my ver. is not listed exactly but in that area. based on the numbers i posted it is between the top and second one down in the take it to the dealer section. thanks
You are speaking about the "UConnect" updates, not updates to the internal Chrysler software.
For those updates, go to Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates and follow the prompts. You can update this yourself, but you must follow the directions.

Your shifting issue would be a Chrysler dealer only update and they will charge unless you have a record of complaints about shift issues.

As for extended warranty. You can search on-line and request quotes from dealers and retailers.
Here is one. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Extended Warranties - Save $$ today!
Another: FCA Vehicle Warranty & Benefits | Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Schaumburg
Another: [email protected] ( which is New Jeep, RAM, Dodge, Chrysler, FIAT and Used Car Dealer Serving Manhattan | Robbins Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat )

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok that is where i went to to find the update. so i will just let it go the radio is working for what i use it for just fine. so the shifting is not a bad issue so i will hold off on that unless i get some notice that there is a recall. so i will call this fixed and thanks for letting me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts