Chrysler 200 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Suggested by another member, I added these to my cup holders. Made a big difference in appearance while having a factory look. He stated he hooked his up to the connection in the bin, however I hard wired mine into the ambient lighting.

These can be found here...

http://accentglowled.com/product/sonata11-cupholder/

Here is a quick How-To. As always I take no responsibility if you **** it up.

Step 1.

Disconnect negative on battery.

Step 2.

Remove user control panel in center console using trim removal tool.

View attachment 19298

Step 3.

Disconnect connector at forward most part of compartment.

View attachment 19306

Step 4.

Use Positap connectors to tap into wires.

View attachment 19314

Step 5.

Drill 2 holes in cup holder to run the wires through.

View attachment 19322

Step 6.

Drill hole in side of "pass through tunnel"

View attachment 19330

Step 7.

Run wires from front to cup holders making appropriate connections. Tuck all wires using wire tie mounts, be sure leave slack so that the housing can slide back and forth. Reconnect connector.

View attachment 19338

View attachment 19346

Final Results...very happy with the outcome, also since this is tapped into the ambient lighting, these can be dimmed and will only turn on when the LED bar and/or headlights are turned on.

View attachment 19354

View attachment 19362
You say use "Positap" to tap into the connectors, what is that and where do I find them? And how do I "tap" into the connectors with them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is nice. I do miss the LED rings in the cupholders my 300S had. The front ones were heated/cooled and the rings had 3 colors - ice blue to match the rest of the interior backlighting, dark blue if you turned on the "cool" feature and red if you turned it to "heat". Even the rear cupholders in the fold-down console were lit by LED rings. I was really hoping this car would at least have the illumination when I got it! I knew they probably could never add heated/cooled with the sliding console though. If I was good with wiring I would definitely do this. OP your blue rings match the blue in the gauges very well!

·
Registered
562 Posts
If I was good with wiring I would definitely do this.
Very easy to do even with the wiring. You could even just run the two wires to a cigarette lighter adapter plug-in (since there is one very close to the bottom of the cups) to make it that much simpler.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very easy to do even with the wiring. You could even just run the two wires to a cigarette lighter adapter plug-in (since there is one very close to the bottom of the cups) to make it that much simpler.
Nice, it does sound pretty simple, I've just never wired anything in like that. Everything I've ever done is simple plug and play stuff lol. I did find a couple of backlit cupholders from the 2011+ 300 and I wonder if I could at least retrofit them to the rear fold-down console. They're ice blue though and I kinda want white to match everything else so I may end up doing a custom one too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You can only hide the wires by either taping them (and doing a good job) to the interior of the center console, or using like a 3m wire holder clip as posted on one of the earlier pages. @cschmid t the positap are just a type of wire tapping item, I personally used the T connector style wire taps, and when I connected mine, I connected it right into the dimming circuit (found under the knob control console)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wish I had those connectors to tap into my ambient lights (I did exactly that only I separated the wires and added connectors) but not only do I have a very clean installation that ties into the flow of the ambient lighting, I ran two others to the rear as well. Taking it a step further, I attached connectors to all of my lights so I can interchange them as I wish, all running from that one light under the center console's control panel. Next project is to change the dash lighting to red... ONEDAY!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
The way I have it posted, allows for it to be dimmed with the ambient lighting

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is anybody still around this forum? I know this is a very old thread, I'm just curious roughly how much height you guys lost from these discs inside the cupholders. Is it noticeable?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts