Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the rear part of the headliner down so I can check the antenna mechanism to see if the wire came lose or something. I have no sound coming out of the am/fm part, but the cds work and the satellite radio. It stopped working after going thru a car wash.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Assuming you have the sedan and not the convertible. The service manual lists all the steps. Guess what step #1 is - remove the windshield. Then a bunch of trim up front, etc. I think you'd be better off leaving the front part in place and attempting to fold it down enough in the rear to reach the connection. Take off the garment hooks and then the rear C pillar trim. I don't know how much it folds before develops a crease. Good luck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The service manual doesn't say to pull the windshield glass, but I know on older Caliber, Compass and Patriot you had to.
The 2013 200 and Avenger are similar. It is difficult and frustrating the first time you do it.
  1. Remove the center console, (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/CONSOLE, Center/Removal) .

1. Remove the sun visors, (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/VISOR - Removal)
  2. Remove sun visor supports, (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/VISOR - Removal)
  3. Remove reading lamp, (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8L - Lamps and Lighting/Lamps/Lighting - Interior/LAMP, Reading - Removal)
  4. If equipped, remove dome lamp.
  5. Remove glove box from instrument panel, (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/GLOVE BOX, Instrument Panel - Removal)
  6. Remove right and left A-pillar trim, (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, A-Pillar Trim - Removal)
  7. Remove door sill trim, (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PLATE, Scuff - Removal)
  8. Remove right and left upper B-pillar trim, (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, B-Pillar Trim - Removal)
  9. Remove front/rear assist handles and/or coat hooks.
  10. Remove driver and passenger upper C-pillar quarter trim, as necessary, (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, C-Pillar Trim - Removal)
35 NOTE: Push pin is not reuseable.

1. Using Remover, Trim C-4829A , disengage headliner rear push pins (3) holding headlining to roof above rear window

1. Disconnect the sunroof module electrical connector , if equipped.

1. Pull down on headliner around sun roof to disengage headliner if equipped.

1. Adjust the front seats as far rearward as possible and position both front seat backs in the fully reclined position.
  2. Slowly, lower the headliner onto instrument panel.

1. Reach through glover box and disconnect headliner electrical connector along A-pillar.

67 NOTE: Please make certain all terminal locations are noted before removal.

1. Back out terminals from connector.
  2. Pull headliner harness through A-pillar opening.
  3. Pull down on the rear of the map lamp and sun roof switch to disengage clips from roof panel, if equipped.
79 NOTE:Cover the floor of vehicle with a dirt free protective sheet of paper or plastic to prevent dirt from soiling headliner.

85 NOTE: Do not bend or crease the headliner when removing.

1. With the help of an assistant, lower the headliner (1) on the left side and lift the headliner on the right side.
  2. Carefully rotate the front of the headliner and remove out of the right front door opening.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Assuming you have the sedan and not the convertible. The service manual lists all the steps. Guess what step #1 is - remove the windshield. Then a bunch of trim up front, etc. I think you'd be better off leaving the front part in place and attempting to fold it down enough in the rear to reach the connection. Take off the garment hooks and then the rear C pillar trim. I don't know how much it folds before develops a crease. Good luck.
What convertible? This is the 2015-2017 section...

·
Registered
549 Posts
The thread title says 2013. After thinking about the service manual steps to remove the windshield it might mean for a total replacement of the headliner, not simply lowering it. I still like the idea of taking down the rear window area (C pillar trim) and seeing how much it will flex. You might be able to reach the antenna connections that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts