Chrysler 200 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for the update.. It seems like there are issues with the quality control with TRS or am I wrong?? I am on the fence still and have seem about 3 users on this forum who have had quality issues with components. I contact TRS and they said these issues have been focused to our 200 group only (not sure what that means).

Can you guys confirm the defective issues are TRS parts or are they ebay or from others.

Thanks again guys!!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Thanks for the update.. It seems like there are issues with the quality control with TRS or am I wrong?? I am on the fence still and have seem about 3 users on this forum who have had quality issues with components. I contact TRS and they said these issues have been focused to our 200 group only (not sure what that means).

Can you guys confirm the defective issues are TRS parts or are they ebay or from others.

Thanks again guys!!
The problems are a TRS issue. In my case they will send 2 new power packs (most likely). Yes it seems like QA issues.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
shame your having issues with trs system. mine went without a hitch and couldn't be more happier..so far;)
Mine is also working well now but with a third party harness that I had (Lumens HDRL harness). the rest is TRS (Igniters, capacitors, ballast, bulbs). they will send me a new harness so I will have a spare. I paid for it, so I want it LOL!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts

Thanks again guys!!
that TRS kit is nice, but over price, i payed 140$ for my kit, no load resistor or capacitor or relay harness was not needed for my kit works flawless and silent. I don't know why you guys are paying 215$ for a kit. my kit does not have a 5yr warranty, but does come with a 3yr warranty. i got pics of my kit if any one wants to see.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks guys.. I have been waiting but the TRS issues have been a big let down. I am glad you guys have yours sorted out now, just too bad they can't fix the production issues. I understand some issues happen but their email to me made it seem like it was very isolated (they just all happen to be members here)

DEE200, what are you running (links)???

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I've been monitoring my HID system closely this week since I just installed it and want to make sure everything is ok. Tonight, I noticed that the access door's contour in the left wheel well is starting to melt due to the heat of the capacitors that are installed just behind it. The capacitors are NOT touching the plastic but I am assuming they get really really hot and this spot might not vent as much as I thought it would.

What is the most scary about this is that it was -11 here today so I can imagine how much heat will come out of those capacitors when I drive down to Miami next summer. I may just give up on that HID system and go back to the OEM bulbs.

See the bottom of the hole, the plastic is starting to "fold"

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Those are resistors and should be mounted to metal to dissipate the heat. They get hotter than extremely hot as the label says

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks guys.. I have been waiting but the TRS issues have been a big let down. I am glad you guys have yours sorted out now, just too bad they can't fix the production issues. I understand some issues happen but their email to me made it seem like it was very isolated (they just all happen to be members here)

DEE200, what are you running (links)???
hidretrofitkit.com and it works good the kit has every thing built into it.
I bought mind threw the website, you can pick it up from him on ebay, there is a link i posted up and picks, look at Page 7
http://www.200forums.com/forum/66-2015-2016-chrysler-200-uf-appearance-body/38938-found-easiest-hid-kit-cars-straight-plug-play-7.html

I've been monitoring my HID system closely this week since I just installed it and want to make sure everything is ok. Tonight, I noticed that the access door's contour in the left wheel well is starting to melt due to the heat of the capacitors that are installed just behind it. The capacitors are NOT touching the plastic but I am assuming they get really really hot and this spot might not vent as much as I thought it would.

What is the most scary about this is that it was -11 here today so I can imagine how much heat will come out of those capacitors when I drive down to Miami next summer. I may just give up on that HID system and go back to the OEM bulbs.

See the bottom of the hole, the plastic is starting to "fold"
bro if i was you, ill send it back and pick up the kit i bought, like i said, it does not need no relay, or resistor or capacitor, works flawless and its silent.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Those are resistors and should be mounted to metal to dissipate the heat. They get hotter than extremely hot as the label says
Slope they are mounted to metal. and there's space around it (Picture doesn't show it but there is). Pretty much the only place where you can mount them. I know they get really hot...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I would find a piece of metal that they can be mounted on that is attached to the car. I see you put them on a thin piece of metal, but that isn't helping dissipate the heat. Lay them flat on metal somewhere and you wont have any issues...

I have been using TRS for many years. I used to do projector retrofits for extra income a few years ago and they are my go to guys. I have never had any issue with quality or anything. When the item is used as it's intended to be, and the kit is installed properly, it works as it should. Just saying, the best quality I've ever used. Not to mention their customer service and warranty is untouchable.

·
Registered
174 Posts
TRS contacted me today and said the issues with the 2015 Chrysler are car related and not due to any quality related issues from their products... Just an FYI on what I have been told.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
TRS contacted me today and said the issues with the 2015 Chrysler are car related and not due to any quality related issues from their products... Just an FYI on what I have been told.
Not true in my case. Their capacitors are the issue. Still working with them to resolve. 3rd party harness (Lumens HDRL) works great for me now. Rest of the kit is the TRS.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone without the premium lighting package considered replacing the projector lenses? TRS has some great lenses that, in my opinion, are essential when adding HIDs. I guess while you are in there, one could upgrade the strip too? I'm just scared to death to open up the lights and mess it all up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I Just purchased kit from TRS and it doesn't have a relay pack. It has a pair of HID bulbs with the grommet and usual harnesses, ballasts, then are are two rectangular boxes with a male harness on one end, a female harness on the other end, and a wire with a ring terminal that appears to be for a ground. Where do these fit in? Do they go between the HID bulb harness and the ballast? Because I can skip this box altogether and connect the HID bulb harness directly to the ballast..

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I Just purchased kit from TRS and it doesn't have a relay pack. It has a pair of HID bulbs with the grommet and usual harnesses, ballasts, then are are two rectangular boxes with a male harness on one end, a female harness on the other end, and a wire with a ring terminal that appears to be for a ground. Where do these fit in? Do they go between the HID bulb harness and the ballast? Because I can skip this box altogether and connect the HID bulb harness directly to the ballast..
you have a different kit for both sides. The one with the ground is the passenger side. Go look at Pitt's how to video and you will figure out everything easily. Search youtube for underdog performance, you'll find it. Post #76 and 77 of this thread, I posted a few pics too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Both sides have a ground wire though.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Both sides have a ground wire though.
Mike,

The TRS kit doesn't have a ground wire on the driver side., Just on the passenger side. Unless they modified the kit since I bought it.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts