Chrysler 200 Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
6500K LED replacements with canbuses installed. Been running them just over a week now, no issues, no flickering, no codes 2x further light projection at night! Very happy and it cost me just over $100CDN ($75USD)

Now I just need to order a set for the fog lights and I'm all set!

lights 200S.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2...,54434,54430,54419,54423&preselect_restrict=1

Got this kit installed at a shop
Loved it
Worked great for a week no issues

Starting yesterday, after driving for 20+ minutes the left headlight would go out, then the right one, both times i'd get a message on my dash saying lowbeam headlight out

I toggle the headlights off, then back on, they both come on

Then 2 minutes later one goes out, i get a message on the dash, then another one goes out

:(

·
Registered
659 Posts
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2...,54434,54430,54419,54423&preselect_restrict=1

Got this kit installed at a shop
Loved it
Worked great for a week no issues

Starting yesterday, after driving for 20+ minutes the left headlight would go out, then the right one, both times i'd get a message on my dash saying lowbeam headlight out

I toggle the headlights off, then back on, they both come on

Then 2 minutes later one goes out, i get a message on the dash, then another one goes out

:(
Same B.S. was happening to me after I put in LED bulbs, so I switched to Philips Ultravison, got rid of the yellowish stock bulbs, did the fogs too, looks much better and clearer down the road, without breaking the bank. I'm done with LED's, don't want to bother trying HID's, even though they seems to work, or perhaps not, since yours is acting up after all.

·
Super Moderator
2,622 Posts
^^ That's what I am doing. No LED headlights for me. Read too many bad things and have personally seen 200's in my area with only one headlight on that didn't come with the OEM lighting package - you can tell by the light bars (and the dual foglights) - if the light bars are LED it has the OEM lighting package if it's a "light bar" it does not have the lighting package. I am sure there are LED's/conversion kit that actually work and stay working - probably on the ore expensive end, but I don't want to bother with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an LED Conversion kit on my car for the past 8 months, initially I did have similar complaints but you do need the decoder, ever since i haven't had any issues. It's not only Chrysler, I think it is an American car industry problem because Chevy, GMC, Ford etc.. all have similar problems with LED if you don't buy the decoder. Look at my other post on another thread.

https://www.200forums.com/#/topics/59602?page=2

·
Registered
1 Posts
6500K LED replacements with canbuses installed. Been running them just over a week now, no issues, no flickering, no codes 2x further light projection at night! Very happy and it cost me just over $100CDN ($75USD)

Now I just need to order a set for the fog lights and I'm all set!

View attachment 52113
I’m thinking of getting the same lights.. have you experience any trouble with yours as of yet?

121 - 126 of 126 Posts