Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I tried to remove the front bumper cover to get LED foglamp installed. Mine is 200c Limited so Iam doing this from scratch.
Has any one got some idea how to remove it safely??

Also, I bought the LED foglamp from Ebay but when install and connected all the wires, they wouldn't work!!!! I am doing all the job as external foglamp fitting with external switch.
Has any one know why?? Need help

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello

I tried to remove the front bumper cover to get LED foglamp installed. Mine is 200c Limited so Iam doing this from scratch.
Has any one got some idea how to remove it safely??

Also, I bought the LED foglamp from Ebay but when install and connected all the wires, they wouldn't work!!!! I am doing all the job as external foglamp fitting with external switch.
Has any one know why?? Need help

thanks
I'm sorry. I only replaced stock bulbs with LED bulbs... Not entire lamp. The bulbs enter through the bottom of wheel well. You may want to consider entering from there instead of taking off bumper cover. Just a suggestion unfortunately.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally was able to find the way to remove front bumper.... here it is:

1- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable first for security.

2- Remove the bolts and the engine belly pan under neath the vehicle from front.

3- Remove the bolts and the lower front fascia closeout.

4- Remove the three bolts from the front of the wheelhouse splash shield.

5- Accessing from the wheelhouse, remove the bolt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6- Remove the push fasteners inside engine compartment at front and the remove upper front fascia closeout.

7- Remove the bolts along the top of the front fascia.

8- Remove the 6 bolts along the top of the front fascia.

9- Reach behind the front fascia and pry down at the rear of the retaining bracket (3) by hand, and pull out on the front fascia (1) to release it from the fende

10- Carefully pull the front fascia out and release if from the retaining bracket under the headlight (2)
11- Repeat steps 8 and 9 on the opposite side of the front fascia.

12- Carefully pull the front fascia slightly forward and disconnect the wire harness connector and remove.

Thats it.

·
Super Moderator
2,513 Posts
disconnect the wire harness connector and remove.

Thats it.
Anyone else have any trouble with this? It sounds simple but I don't want to break it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts