Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just managed to replace my LED fog lights with the new H11 Phillips 6000k (white) ones. As the other poster says, I'm not responsible for you screwing up something if you try this. Attached are the pictures that shows how it looks like

1- Lift the car and remove the left Wheel (easier to change on the left side so you better start there)

2- Remove 5 bolts that holds the fender and pull on the fender to access the fog light

3- Disconnect the fog light and rotate it pushing it away from you to free it from the socket

4- Remove the light

5- Insert the new one and rotate towards you to secure it.

6- Connect the new one

7- DON' T FORGET TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS BEFORE putting everything back into place.

8- Assuming everything works and the car is back on the the ground, move to the other side.

9 - Repeat steps 1 and 2.

10 - Remove the 2 first bolts holding the bumper underneath the car to free the plastic protector from Under the car

11- Pull on the light's wire to reach the connector and disconnect

12- Reach in and rotate the light towards you and remove the light from the socket

13- Insert new light in the socket (A little hard to do giving the space provided) and rotate pushing away from you to secure it.

14- Connect the light

15- Test to make sure it works

16- Re assemble everything and you are done.

17 - Total time of the operation: About an hour.

One thing you'll notice is that the right light is lower than the left one (at least on my car), is this normal? I didn't see any adjustments.

I also did the licence plate lights at the same time.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey, if anyone is looking for a set of these bulbs, PM me, I have a pair that I ordered that I am unable to return (cost way too much to return to the purchasing store). I would've installed it in mine, but I have the premium lighting already.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice write up! I have the premium light group so this doesn't apply to me. But did you notice a big improvement over stock? Or more just for color? Plans for HID swap?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I may take the leds off ya, shoot me a pm with info. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice write up! I have the premium light group so this doesn't apply to me. But did you notice a big improvement over stock? Or more just for color? Plans for HID swap?
There is a noticeable difference, the only thing that bugs me (if you look at my pictures) is that the right one is way lower than the left one. Not sure if there's a possible adjustment though.

I may just go back and look tomorrow but that right side is not easy to deal with, lots of stuff in the way.

No plans to switch to HID's yet as I want to stay away from these error messages but my next step is to swap the headlights for white ones but I don't know what I need and I don't think these LED's have been discussed on the forum yet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have an HID kit on order from www.TheRetrofitSource.com with the error eliminator harness that they make. I'm curious to know if these LEDs are worth it being that they're much easier to install ( no harness ) but they're roughly 800 lumens less than the H11 HID kit...I'm stuck

·
Registered
410 Posts
Look under the car directly under the fog light for the adjustment hole. If your head is too big it will be a problem getting under. The driver side is lower for the same reason as the headlights, not to glare into oncoming traffic. I adjusted my headlights and fogs up about 1.5 turns clockwise.

Reactions: christopherbraun

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look under the car directly under the fog light for the adjustment hole. If your head is too big it will be a problem getting under. The driver side is lower for the same reason as the headlights, not to glare into oncoming traffic. I adjusted my headlights and fogs up about 1.5 turns clockwise.
Yeah the dealer did it today while I was there for the oil change and other things...The problem was that the lowest one was the right side one and it was way too low...He adjusted it by at least 3 turns. Now both are at the same level and I know where to look next time.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I'm still running these. Output is ok for me. My headlights will be upgraded in a week or two with BigKev's setup.

·
Registered
137 Posts
all i had to do on mine was turn the wheel one way or the other, take out 3 front screws, wheel liner just folds back enough to access the fogs as i replaced mine as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
WIN_20160908_13_34_36_Pro.jpg
Hi

I bought the complete projector foglamp assymbly for my 200C Limited but want to know is there a decore covering for the front to cover the black basal of sourronding?? as arrowed on picture??
If so then what is the part number or what does that called.

Thanks to you all

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Led headlights

FYI just put in Hakari led headlights, I held off on the code cancel adapter for now and no issues. Looks way better, can’t wait for dark.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts