Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded my uconnect from the 5 inch touchscreen to the 8.4 inch, works perfectly now I just don't know what to do with the old radio, I tried Craigslist and ebay with no luck, any suggestions??

·
Registered
562 Posts
Upgraded my uconnect from the 5 inch touchscreen to the 8.4 inch, works perfectly now I just don't know what to do with the old radio, I tried Craigslist and ebay with no luck, any suggestions??
The car has not been out "that" long..so the need for (non-warranty covered parts) is fairly rare. If people are looking for 200 HU's they are probably wanting the 8.4''...like you did.

Someone might need a replacement (non-warranty issue) down the road sometime on eBay....but it will probably take a while.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you mind if I ask how much it cost to do that? That's the one thing that I regret. The cheapest 200 they had that had the 8.4 was almost $6000 more than the one I got so I couldn't justify it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
and for the actual 8.4 HU?? If that's it I'm doing this next week.

·
Registered
147 Posts
$750? Was that including the HU itself? Holy moses....

Did it include Nav and everything?

If that's it, I'm with slaby lol
Don't get your hopes up. The cheapest 8.4 HU I could find for the 200 was $1,200. So I think $750 was just for the installation and wiring harnesses, ect. In all we are looking at a $2000 radio. Please tell me I'm wrong ALEX!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah sorry bro you're wrong...no harnesses needed bought a used one frome ebay for 650 bezel 75 and about another 60 or so for the unlock and yes it has nav

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah sorry bro you're wrong...no harnesses needed bought a used one frome ebay for 650 bezel 75 and about another 60 or so for the unlock and yes it has nav
Don't be sorry I'm glad I'm wrong. I have to keep a look out for a good eBay deal then.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah definitely worth the upgrade, I thought I would have to buy the nav antenna but no, nothing extra required

·
Registered
147 Posts
Holy shiiiiiiiiiii lol Well I need this lol

Just keep an eye out for Uconnect 8.4? or is there anything in particular that I need?

Edit...more specifically does it have to be for a 200? I see some on ebay for a Dart thats relatively cheap

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy shiiiiiiiiiii lol Well I need this lol

Just keep an eye out for Uconnect 8.4? or is there anything in particular that I need?

Edit...more specifically does it have to be for a 200? I see some on ebay for a Dart thats relatively cheap
Honestly mine's out of a 2015 300c but I've seen some for the dart ram etc. And some don't fit and others the colors are orange and black instead of blue and black like the chryslers, so wait for a 200 or 300 not a dodge one unless you want a mismatched radio

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here's what I found from a website comparing RA3 and the RA4, so for anyone interested, I thought this might be useful...basically RA4 has everything built inside the unit itself. Nothing else is required accept the unit and a reprogram...

The RA4 8.4AN sets itself apart by offering these unique features:

• HD Radio
  • Navigation Standard (RA3 does not come standard with navigation)
  • One-shot destination entry
  • 3D content (Select this option and zoom to an appropriate level. Not all “tall” buildings are in 3D)
  • Enhanced Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
  • SiriusXM Traffic
  • SiriusXM Travel Link
The RA4 navigation module acquires GPS position data through a roof-mounted combination antenna that also receives satellite audio and cellular signals. The radio head unit contains the central components of the navigation system. In addition to a 213 mm (8.4 inch) color electronic touchscreen display, a navigation module is internal and integral to each radio that is equipped with navigation capability. The navigation module contains all of the navigation system hardware and software. Hardware includes the GPS receiver, an electronic gyroscope, a microcontroller and flash memory for system software and map data storage. The navigation system software as well as the map data is flash programmable through the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port.

The Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver of the navigation module is capable of acquiring and tracking GPS signal inputs through the roof-mounted combination antenna from numerous satellites simultaneously to calculate and display the position and direction of the vehicle. However, when access to satellite signals is blocked by bridges, tunnels or other obstacles, the navigation module relies upon Dead Reckoning (DR) to aid in calculating vehicle position and direction. The navigation module uses pulse signals from the wheel speed sensors, a Reverse gear indicator input and an internal electronic gyroscope sensor to provide DR vehicle position and direction calculations to supplement GPS satellite signals.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
Basically RA3 is NAV ready but not activated, no HD radio and 8GB of RAM (Not sure it is available in the US, I think it is a Canada thing) and RA4 is NAV, HD radio and 16GB of RAM to have 3D NAV which is not available on the RA3.

Mine is RA3 and I got the dealer to activate the NAV, NAV is the same as an RA4 but without the 3D feature.

RA4 is also known as Uconnect 8.4AN and RA3 is 8.4A

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is a company which sells an upgrade kit for about $1200 (everything you need with no programming). I posted the name (web address) of the company in an earlier post about this. Sorry can't remember the name right now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Check junkyards in your area. If going from the 5.0 to the 8.4 the swap is easy. You just need the dealer to reprogram everything. Make sure to get the VIN of the vehicle you got the radio from for the unlock code. I also did this and only spent $350 for the radio and bezel from a wrecked 200S. RA4N is the preferred radio, you'll get a service vehicle phone message but if you Google hard enough you can find a way around this too :cool:.

I think any RA4 should work, when you flash the newest SW mine figured out that it was a Chrysler, it originally showed it was an SRT (took about 20 mins, the radio reset and everything came up Chrysler).

I'm not 100% sure but I think the dart radio is different.

I can try to answer any specific questions for you guys as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So just to make sure... The 8.4 and 5.0 are interchangeable/ plug and play with the same connectors and everything. All you need is the 8.4 trim and the dealer to program it? This just seems too good to be true. I thought there was going much more to it. :D

1 - 20 of 306 Posts