Chrysler 200 Forum banner

301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but I recently bought an 8.4 head unit (RA3) for my 2015 200 C, and I'm getting ready to install it. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I'm missing anything. Here's what I have:

- 8.4 head unity (RA3)
- Bezel for 8.4 head unit
- 911 cell override pigtail (I found a post from a forum user that makes these and negotiated a price for him to make one for me)
- Anti-theft unlock code
- OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter

I've seen various references to needing a Chrysler dealer to put in sales code and flash the radio. I found a post about using AlfaOBD (with the OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter) to input the required sales code and do the proxy alignment. However, is there any way to obtain the sales code without contacting a dealer? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Is this what you're looking for MidwestDrummer? This is a partial equipment list from my own car. I have a 2015 Ltd 3.6 (Sales code )

scan.JPG

·
Registered
283 Posts
All you should need to do is install the radio and what not, then go into AlfaOBD and run a proxy align on the body computer.

However, you would be safer to take it to a dealer that knows what it is doing.

With Alfa do not go in making changes willy nilly. If you need to experiment, do one change at a time.

If the proxy fails, all that will happen is the odometer will flash until you figure out how to fix it.

I changed the 3.0 to a 5.0 and have spent the last 6 months trying to get the proxy to work. The radio works, hands free, all that stuff, but the PROXI is looking for the RNR Radio Nav module for some reason.

On mine, when I first put the new radio in, the climate controls showed on the radio screen. They don't now, but everything works.

The only thing I am missing are the manual radio controls, but everything can be done from the screen, or the steering wheel controls, so no big deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like everything was successful. I was able to install the radio and get past the lock screen with my anti-theft code. The first time I ran the proxy alignment, AlfaOBD showed that it completed, but I was left with a flashing odometer and the DTC B2204 ECU Configuration Mismatch error. However, I found a post that you made last year, that gave step by step instructions for completing the proxy alignment, and it worked the second time around. My odometer was back to normal, and I no longer had the DTC B2204 ECU Configuration Mismatch error. I'd link the thread of yours that I referenced, but my post count doesn't allow it. As a bonus, I plugged in the VIN from the vehicle that the 8.4 radio came from, and now I have another SiriusXM free trial.

This installation ended up being a heck of a lot easier than I imaged it would be, and I'm definitely not a car guy. I'm really thankful for all of the great information I found on this forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For those of you who have done this upgrade, as I have, what did you do with your old unit? Did you have any luck selling it on eBay or craigslist? Do you have to give them your Vin? I’m a little uncomfortable with that but maybe it doesn’t matter?

·
Registered
42 Posts
For those of you who have done this upgrade, as I have, what did you do with your old unit? Did you have any luck selling it on eBay or craigslist? Do you have to give them your Vin? I’m a little uncomfortable with that but maybe it doesn’t matter?
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm new here and I had a quick question which I looked for but couldn't find. I have a 200 limited but it did NOT come with XM . There's no option for it. I read somewhere that it cannot be added after the fact, but if I upgrade to ra4 , can I still get it? I know this is the navigation cable as well. Will the cable for SAT be there anyway when I remove the radio?
Thanks in advance

301 - 307 of 307 Posts