Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
notyorz.. my original question was what does the second light on the right do.. the sensor is further back in the middle, then the two green lights.. left one comes on when u press power button, but the right doesnt seem to do anything.. guess may be a dummy or maybe a feature for a different car they use same part in we dont have.
K, now i'm getting frustrated with you. The Chrysler guy JUST said that the sensor on the roof is the Thermal Sensor. The "light" on the right is not a light. It is the sensor for the dimming. Got it?
IMG_0669a.jpg

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
no smart @ss you need to read what he said again.. to quote him: "On vehicles equipped with automatic climate control an infrared temperature sensor is located on the back edge of the overhead console." back edge... get it? its in the middle.. more rearward in the plastic console housing. DIRECTLY in the middle.. at the BACK EDGE.. you can clearly see the sensor.. it not on the mirror itself.. which I previously had stated be4 he confirmed. He did not mention the green light at the FRONT below the mirror to the RIGHT of the button whatsoever.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am wondering if what you are talking about on the right side of the rear view mirror is the microphone for the voice recognition. Car isn't right in front of me to check, but I'll go with that until I can see otherwise.

The temperature sensor is located between the two front seat reading lights, close to the front windshield...

I thought I read for sure you were asking what the green light was for - so, I answered. I didn't think you really wanted the answer to that question, but that's what I read...:p

Anywhooooo, have a good one buddy...

Marianne

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
exactly Noty, sensor is between reading lights.. yeah its not overly important but i wondered so I posted it here lol.. yeah the light on the left for if its on lights up.. the one to the right of button looks the same.. but ive never seen come on.. havent played with voice recognition stuff yet.. on my to do list! I do like that feature and will use eventually.. could very well be the answer! i was thinking maybe something like that or something with bluetooth or something, which Ill never use anyway.. (dont even know if it has cause I dont use and thus dont care) I have a cell but dont pickup while driving at all, I like my driving time to be peaceful, blast my music, in my own little world, its the only time I have with out bosses or screaming kids.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ok, so I was 1/2 right...

The right side button IS a sensor, but it's for the light detection, not temperature control and not a microphone for voice recognition.

From the Owner's Manual, page 95... (Understanding the features of your vehicle)

Automatic Dimming Mirror — If Equipped​
This mirror automatically adjusts for headlight glare from vehicles behind you. You can turn the feature on or off by pressing the button at the base of the mirror. A light to the left of the button will illuminate to indicate when the dimming feature is activated. The sensor to the right
of the button does not illuminate.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was looking for that in the book couldnt find thanks! so it is a sensor so calgary was 1/2 right, but there actually two sensors up there for two different features.. so we were all half right.. and the chrysler rep half answered our questions lol.. thanks notyorz for bringing the peace back to the forum.. looks like a couple of us have gotten a little jumpy ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
LOL - yeah, there were some tense moments... :cool:

I have a scanned copy of the 2012 200's specs, the owner's manual, the user's guide, the feature availability, and the media center manual for the RHR model. It's hard not to find what we're looking for!

Glad I could help and things didn't resort to violence! *falls over laughing*

Marianne

·
Registered
102 Posts
K, now i'm getting frustrated with you. The Chrysler guy JUST said that the sensor on the roof is the Thermal Sensor. The "light" on the right is not a light. It is the sensor for the dimming. Got it?
View attachment 396
Yes, you were correct :D but the "Chrysler Guy" might not have explained it right going off of the re-quote adams200 posted - but you did explain it right.

Maybe it just needed to be said (and heard) in a woman's soft whisper... you know, kinda soothing LOL...

Have a good one!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry guys, didn't purposely leave out any info or mean to cause any chaos in the forum. :)

I'll try to be more thorough with any future posts!

·
Registered
8 Posts
melmsrt4
"How does the dimming mirror work when you add tint? "
It dims LESS.
==== So ====
IF not dimming darkly ENOUGH,
I place a patch of black electric tape over the CLEAR sensor on front of the MIRROR. Viola!
This gives Max dimming 24/7.
Con of this is that your mirror darkens during the day as well.
I don't mind that so I'm happy!
I have 33% tint and had same problem.
The long version :
I discovered this trick by accident with my original 2001 Sebring conv. I placed a wet rag over the mirror stalk to dry. Left it there a couple days and noticed my mirror was always much darker than normal, which I liked. So I left the rag there for 2 yrs. (joke)
When I became an electrician years later and discovered black electric tape can solve almost any engineering problem known to mankind, I upgraded to a small patch of electric tape.
~Sun up, Top down~
Happy motoring!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts