Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like allot of you on here who have the 3.6 V6 I have from time to time enjoyed the trill of a fast takeoff and leaving the car beside you in the rear mirror. Well today I tried that with the car beside me being a Mercedes C43 AMG. I knew that the person was going to take off fast so I wanted to match them. I put the trans in S mode and waited for the green. During the initial jump I got the edge but then the AMG took off like a rocket and left me in the dust. To make matters worse it was a woman driving it. Now if only I was in a trackhawk or SRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, that’s how I look at it, “yeah your car is faster than mine”, but it’s also double the price.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Dont feel bad... that car cost 2.5 times more and is turbo charged w 550hp and its in another class than the 200. You were asking too get spanked!

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Dont feel bad... that car cost 2.5 times more and is turbo charged w 550hp and its in another class than the 200. You were asking too get spanked!
Not to quibble ... but the 2019 C43 AMG has 385HP. The mighty C63 AMG pumps out 469HP.
The little C43 also has 4matic. The C63 does not being rear wheel drive only.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Not to quibble ... but the 2019 C43 AMG has 385HP. The mighty C63 AMG pumps out 469HP.
The little C43 also has 4matic. The C63 does not being rear wheel drive only.
Sorry...thought I read 550hp. Ill show that C43 whats up...where he at?

·
Super Moderator
2,480 Posts
Consider how many pounds of boost you have vs. what the AMG has... hmmm... The 200 would show vacuum if you connected a boost gauge to it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry...thought I read 550hp. Ill show that C43 whats up...where he at?
Actually he was a she. I think that’s what through me off even more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Know your competition... What did you expect when you race an all wheel drive 385HP German car?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No this one wasn’t the 4matic, but your right. An AMG is still an AMG even for the rear wheel drive one. If it were just the C300 I might have done ok.

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
No this one wasn’t the 4matic, but your right. An AMG is still an AMG even for the rear wheel drive one. If it were just the C300 I might have done ok.
All C43 AMG models are 4matic. It doesn't have the badge on the deck lid, but they are equipped.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All C43 AMG models are 4matic. It doesn't have the badge on the deck lid, but they are equipped.
Oh ok, I didn’t know that. When I didn’t see the AMG badge I assumed it wasn’t.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like to surprise people all the time, especially the guy that “thinks” he’s fast. Our 3.6’s can hang with Hemi’s, that is until the **** governor kicks it 👎🏼 But even when my ego thinks I have chance, I know when NOT to play. LOL. I still give you props for the attempt 😃

1 - 13 of 13 Posts