Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I want to buy this car, but many advise me to stay away from it (all of them have not even tried the car)

I want to consult you guys @[email protected]

• Are car breakdowns a lot? Especially for everyday use?
  • How can I check the condition of the car? Is there a way or something that I should pay attention to before buying?
  • What are the prices of consumable parts for a car? Oil filter oil air filter..etc ?
  • How much is the average price of this car (it has driven less than 80 miles, without accidents, and one owner)
There are such dents on car wheel rims:

I do not know the extent of the damage or the cause of those scratches

plz help me #_#

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,618 Posts
I have owned 3 Chrysler 200's. There is no guarantee of reliability with any car, the 15' was the only one I had any real issues with and it wasn't that big of a deal, no transmission problems. Get an aftermarket warranty if you have found something you really like. Do some seaching on the forums and you will find some issues, but keep in mind, like most famoly sedan forums, most people that join here didn't join for modification suggestions but rather help with problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello,

My 200 currently has 94,000 miles on it. It is a 2015 200S with the 2.4. It has never left me stranded. Overall, I'd say that the reliability is good. That being said, mine does have it's quirks. I've learned to live with them.

Things to watch out for:
  • 2.4 has had a history of oil consumption problems. Mine hasn't, but something to look out for.
  • Harsh shifting - mine has a hard shift from 4-5.
  • Suspension - Check to make sure there is no rattling from the rear and that the rear struts aren't leaking.

Take it for a long test drive and you'll take care of knowing if the car your looking at has the last two of the above. As far as oil consumption, looking at the oil change history may help but honestly it's a shot in the dark.

Oil changes are about average for a new car, I use Pennzoil Platinum and change it myself with a Wix filter. Cost about $35.
Tires are a bit more expensive depending on the rim size you get. Mine are 19's and run about $150 per tire. Haven't had to replace anything else.

I'd suggest Kelly Blue Book to see if you're getting a good value. I see many 200's in the 12-17k range for a ballpark figure.

Good luck! If all checks out, it's a pretty decent car. It got a bad reputation in the beginning. Overall I've been satisfied with mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts