Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’ve read some threads on here regarding occasional inaccurate outside temp readings, however none of the information seems to fit my situation. My issue is that my outside temperature reading is completely wrong, all the time! When I say it’s wrong, it’s not like it’s 10 degrees outside and it’s reading 15 degrees (I’m in Canada, so that’s Celsius), I mean it’s going from -30 up to +75 and down again within minutes and it fluctuates like this constantly now and will not settle on a temperature. I had taken it into dodge to have it looked at and they were not able to diagnose it or give me any useful information. I wasn’t at all pleased with their work as they said “they couldn’t get my car to replicate the issue”, they started and restarted it numerous times and couldn’t find anything... my car was in the shop for 1.5 hrs (shop rate here is $150/hr) while I sat in the waiting area, not once did anyone come to ask me any questions that could possibly have helped them better diagnose the problem. When they called me to the counter and told me they couldn’t find any problem with my car I asked if they had test driven it and they had not, I told them “I guarantee if you just drive it 1 lap around the parking lot that you’ll see what it’s doing”, they were unwilling to spend anymore time on my car and told me to book another appointment... I can’t afford another appointment at that rate so I thought I might ask here. I have ordered and replaced the ambient temperature sensor behind the grill myself, but that hasn’t solved the problem, any thoughts????

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,688 Posts
Reactions: Black Knight

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,688 Posts
This TSB # 08-053-16B, updates the radio for erratic ambient temperature readings. Example:
  • "Display screen show ambient temperature as ”- - “ not normal values".

This one seems closer to your description. It would be nice if they updated all control module software while they have the tool plugged in and the car is there.
A diagnostic fee that you already paid should be your readmission ticket for the exact same concern as nothing was solved at your last visit.
Ask the service advisor/manager if they can waive the diagnostic fee as you already went through this.

The TSB:
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE ...https://www.200forums.com › uf-15-ra3-ra4-pdf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I’ve read some threads on here regarding occasional inaccurate outside temp readings, however none of the information seems to fit my situation. My issue is that my outside temperature reading is completely wrong, all the time! When I say it’s wrong, it’s not like it’s 10 degrees outside and it’s reading 15 degrees (I’m in Canada, so that’s Celsius), I mean it’s going from -30 up to +75 and down again within minutes and it fluctuates like this constantly now and will not settle on a temperature. I had taken it into dodge to have it looked at and they were not able to diagnose it or give me any useful information. I wasn’t at all pleased with their work as they said “they couldn’t get my car to replicate the issue”, they started and restarted it numerous times and couldn’t find anything... my car was in the shop for 1.5 hrs (shop rate here is $150/hr) while I sat in the waiting area, not once did anyone come to ask me any questions that could possibly have helped them better diagnose the problem. When they called me to the counter and told me they couldn’t find any problem with my car I asked if they had test driven it and they had not, I told them “I guarantee if you just drive it 1 lap around the parking lot that you’ll see what it’s doing”, they were unwilling to spend anymore time on my car and told me to book another appointment... I can’t afford another appointment at that rate so I thought I might ask here. I have ordered and replaced the ambient temperature sensor behind the grill myself, but that hasn’t solved the problem, any thoughts????
This happened on my 2016 200S last winter as well as this one when we hit nearly -40C. Once the temperature warms up in the spring, it goes back to normal (or it did last year). Super annoying but I haven't found a fix for it otherwise. I think the worst part is remote starting your car, getting in and the vented seats are on ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This happened on my 2016 200S last winter as well as this one when we hit nearly -40C. Once the temperature warms up in the spring, it goes back to normal (or it did last year). Super annoying but I haven't found a fix for it otherwise. I think the worst part is remote starting your car, getting in and the vented seats are on ?
same here. got stupid cold this winter and the computer went retarded. saying it was +60c even though it was -40 out. had to manually set cabin temps cause it thought it was hot out and blasting the AC.

removing the battery and reconnecting fixed it. I think the power sag from a weak battery and the bitter cold start gave the computer temporary brain damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts

A Bit late but i just had this issue right now, i unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and the temperature is now working properly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.