Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enclosed are some pictures of my experience based on using the Mopar kits (recommended as made in the Czech Republic rather than China). It comes with detailed instructions as shown. Loosen the jam nut on the outer tie rod and paint the old inner tie rod threads up to the contact spot on the outer tie rod. This will get you close on the toe-in alignment which can done by your local shop; I have my old Harbor Freight gage so I align myself. The heat shield shown on the passenger side does not have to be completed removed; use a long screwdriver to wedge up a push tab on the outer rear side and bend up the heat shield to give some hand clearance. Use a long screwdriver to pop off the inboard large clamp. You will need to purchase an inner tie rod removal kit like shown. I had to grind it slightly with a Dremel as was a tight fit using the new tie rod as check. Recommend using a hose clamp as shown to keep tool on. An assistant will be needed to keep an adjustable wrench on the rack when using the tool as it is long length and the torque requires 2 hands on the tool and 1/2” ratchet wrench. The Mopar kit comes with new band clamps; the large inboard one comes already partially crimped. Once boot and clamp are installed then use the 90 degree crimping tool like one shown to tighten further.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 2 Mopar tie rod kits were purchased from Kmcautoparts on EBay for $79. The ABN tie rod tool with 3 sizes was purchased on Amazon for $39 (I am sure will need in future on other cars). The Lisle 30600 crimping tool was purchased on Amazon for $23.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Good job. I hired a guy to do mine with the same Mopar kit because I was afraid to work on the car supported by my jackstands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Dale_K
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing