Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you have Mopar official blind spot monitors installed on 15/16 Chrysler 200's if you car does not have them? If not Mopar one's is there good third party one's that anyone here has used?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think you can since its tied into the SafetyTec package. Only thing i've seen so far is the Mopar Heated Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signals.

·
Registered
317 Posts
the only problem with that mr wipes, is the blind spot monitoring is offered on select configurations without the Safety-Tec package, I have a friend with a C who has the blindspot without the safety tec, as well as the rear bumper sensors for the park assist... I have a semi loaded C AWD, without safety-tec and I didn't get those features on mine, I was/am bummed...

·
Registered
9 Posts
the only problem with that mr wipes, is the blind spot monitoring is offered on select configurations without the Safety-Tec package, I have a friend with a C who has the blindspot without the safety tec, as well as the rear bumper sensors for the park assist... I have a semi loaded C AWD, without safety-tec and I didn't get those features on mine, I was/am bummed...
This could, potentially, be good news. Chrysler could potentially release this as an option on their Mopar store with minimal effort; similar to what they did with the new mirrors with integrated turn signals.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The only way you could get blind spot without SafetyTec is on a fleet order. I believe this was later added for rental companies ordering 200C's because they wanted blind spot but not ACC.

In any case, you can't just add the mirror. There are sensors on the side body panels (near/at the rear bumper) that have to be added, and the wiring harnesses are hundreds of dollars and very complex.

Personally I think Chrysler short changed themselves by keeping SafetyTec exclusive to the 200C. There's no way to get the sport suspension (200S) and SafetyTec. Epic fail on FCA's part.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I installed an aftermarket Blind Spot Monitoring system on my 2017 200...it works quite well both on detecting cars in my blind spots (and this car has mega-blind spots) and cross traffic coming when I am in reverse. If a car is in your blind spot it lights up red but no warning buzzer...if you turn on your turn signal to change lanes AND a car is in your blind spot THEN you get the light AND buzzer. No issues with false alerts with the blind spot detection but I get an occasional false alert when I go into reverse on the cross traffic detection, it's not often though. $975 out the door, it took them 5 hours to install it which involved bumber removal.
BSD.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts