Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Another alternative is to pick up another panel from a wreckers yard. I notice you have the black interior which is the most common I believe. Usually when that material lets go it shrinks a bit so you may not be able to reattach it properly. Good luck to you anyway and please let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll check a junk yard, eBay maybe. It’s Black and Tan 2 tone interior. black on top, tan midway down with the Boston premium sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2014 convertible. I bought thru dealer auction from FL. as is, where is. Same problem on the passenger door. Local detailer pulled it up as tight as he could and glued. Not as ugly as it was. Unless you look at it closely not noticeable. Was told it is from a lot of hot direct sunlight. Makes sense as a FL car. Thought about the junk yard deal. May look into that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this happen on my 2014 200 convertible hard top, passenger door just as the 3 year warranty was expiring. Door panel was replaced under warranty. I live in Western PA, so am definitely not exposed to a lot of sunlight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
507 Posts
We have a mobile guy that goes around to the various dealerships around here to repair interior trim damage on used cars before we put them on display.
Perfect color and texture matches make it look like the imperfections were never there and never happened. The guy is an artist.
Check for any car interior vinyl. leather and plastic repair services in your area to get an estimate or suggestions.
A salvage yard might want to sell you the whole door, not just the trim panel. A new trim panel (if still available) from Mopar would be prohibitively expensive.
An example:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditto for our 2014 hardtop convertible with 24K miles. I asked Chrysler customer service for some consideration, but of course they refused. It's pretty pathetic to have this kind of flaw. Chrysler doesn't seem to retain any institutional knowledge about what works and doesn't work, so stuff like this happens, and it's disappointing but not surprising.

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you can't find replacement panels from a junkyard perhaps you could consider taking yours to an automotive upholstery shop. I know from experience that they would not be able to repair what I see in the pics as the material appears to have shrunk some. They should however be able to match and replace it. It would not cost you anything to have them give you a quote to fix it however, having said that I would suggest to save yourself some money let them know that you would be removing and reinstalling the panels yourself and you would be dropping them off for repair. Good Luck and please let us know the outcome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts