Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just picked up a 2016 200c for my son to drive while he is in college. Seemed like a nice car for the money and the interior was surprisingly nice and ended up being the one he wanted versus the competition. The heated steering wheel is a nice touch at this price point and the leather interior is overall impressive. It has just under 50k miles, looks like new and seemed to be a bargain. It was a private party sale and I didn't bring it to my mechanic so took a bit of a flyer. Normally I do a bit more research but was in a hurry to get him a car to replace the one he just totaled while he was home over xmas break. I haven't owned Chrysler since they still made Eagles. One thing that I wondered about as I test drove it, was that when I was under the hood and turned on the AC, I couldn't hear the compressor turn on. It was in the teens here when I tested it but assume it would have made a clicking sound as it turned on to remove humidity from the air.

·
Registered
422 Posts
HELLO AND WELCOME! I DONT THINK THE A/C COMPRESSOR WILL COME ON WITH IT THAT COLD OUT SIDE. NOT LIKE THE OLDER CARS. EVRYTHING IS SENSORS AND AUTO ADJUST NOW. HAVENT SEEN MANY PRE-MATURE A/C PROBLEMS HERE, YOU SHOULD BE FINE. ONE BIT OF ADVICE, IF ITS THE ORIGINAL BATTERY, CHANGE IT. THEY ARE NOTORIOUSLY NOT UP TOO THE TASK. THIS CAR NEEDS A SOLID BATTERY W ALL THE ELECTRONICS. MANY GLITCHY PROBS POSTED HERE WERE BECAUSE OF A WEAK BATTERY. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HELLO AND WELCOME! I DONT THINK THE A/C COMPRESSOR WILL COME ON WITH IT THAT COLD OUT SIDE. NOT LIKE THE OLDER CARS. EVRYTHING IS SENSORS AND AUTO ADJUST NOW. HAVENT SEEN MANY PRE-MATURE A/C PROBLEMS HERE, YOU SHOULD BE FINE. ONE BIT OF ADVICE, IF ITS THE ORIGINAL BATTERY, CHANGE IT. THEY ARE NOTORIOUSLY NOT UP TOO THE TASK. THIS CAR NEEDS A SOLID BATTERY W ALL THE ELECTRONICS. MANY GLITCHY PROBS POSTED HERE WERE BECAUSE OF A WEAK BATTERY. GOOD LUCK!!
Good to know...I'm close to certain it has the original battery...it still had two of the original tires. I'll swap that out before he leaves for college with the car. Thanks for the tip.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
506 Posts
If the evaporator is in any danger of icing, the compressor won't run. Compressors should operate safely at temperatures above 40℉ (4℃). I agree that the dehumidifying function is nice when dew or mist forms on the glass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts