Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Chrysler 200 in 2015 brand new. Approximately 2 months in after a hard rain the floor board in backseat passenger side was soaked and has been filling with water ever since. Many trips to Chrysler resulted in 4 part changes with no resolution. Recently they performed recall maintenance for electrical issue. Today I lost all power to my car. Why?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,074 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You need to gather your repair documents together and make an appt to speak with the service manager. He has a stake in your satisfaction with his or her service dept. Honestly, 4 trips back since new is enough.
A good water leak/wind noise technician needs patience and skills. If this dealership has a body shop, you may find it to be the better choice for someone to service a water leak. Ultimately, the shop manager will probably give it to their best tech for this type of repair.
Have the service manager follow the repair through the shop this time and report their findings to you.
They will probably want to remove the seats and carpet to dry the soaked carpet and backing pad. If it has an odor from being wet for so long, ask that the carpet be replaced.
A sunroof (if equipped) and door weatherstrips can be a common water entry point. Leaks in the rear passenger footwell can also be coming in through the rear window or trunk. Is the trunk dry?

On the electrical side, have them see if the dead battery is related to the recall. I have a 2016 that has already needed a replacement battery.

Best of luck to you at your next visit. :)

Attachments

Reactions: Sleeper200c

·
Registered
539 Posts
I purchased my Chrysler 200 in 2015 brand new. Approximately 2 months in after a hard rain the floor board in backseat passenger side was soaked and has been filling with water ever since. Many trips to Chrysler resulted in 4 part changes with no resolution. Recently they performed recall maintenance for electrical issue. Today I lost all power to my car. Why?
Greetings Melanie,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Chrysler Cares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts