Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 S with the 3.6 V6 engine and I noticed the first day it got below 10 degrees outside the engine starts for half a second dies and there is a prolonged crank before it turns over. Just today I tried revving the engine upon start up and it sounded like there was backfire like there was fuel cutting out almost like the fuel pump isn’t holding pressure after sitting for more than a few hours. Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,695 Posts
Any fault codes?
A PCM software update was released on TSB # 18-019-17 that addressed a 'cold start' issue, if your car is eligible. Get the TCM updated at the same time. If they are willing, get all modules that have a pending update updated while the tool is connected.
PCM and its software is covered under an extended Federal emissions warranty of 8yr/80K miles. The body modules aren't and may incur a 'reasonable' charge for updates.
If they do update the TCM, have them perform a Quicklearn and PROXI toggle (off/on).

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey all! I have taken the vehicle to the dealer all of the modules are updated to the current software! I noticed that it happened the day after refueling so I think that it is possible j got a bad tank of gas because ever since I refueled after this issue started the issue has gone away! I guess it’s always possible to get a bad tank of fuel!

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,695 Posts
Maybe not bad fuel? There is a STAR document on 'stumble/stall' after a fill-up. It may be from a temporary 'rich' condition caused by liquid fuel flooding the evaporative vapor line?
As you fill-up and the nozzle clicks off, end the fill-up there. Don't try to top it off with more fuel.
Park the vehicle on level ground during when you have a full tank, if possible.
This bulletin is from 2018. It mentions an ongoing investigation, but I haven't seen a follow-up document.
Just be aware that it might happen again.

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Diagram

Automotive tire Font Automotive lighting Circle Rim

Font Rectangle Number Circle Screenshot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts