Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on everyone? I am new to this site and I am starting this because I see similar issues with the chrysler 200 but not exact! I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 2.4 l that my wife just bought a month ago! Runs great when it runs! But dies at least 10 times if not 20 a day, when driving on a highway or in town, sometimes we have to sit for an hour before it starts and other times it will start right away. Also the radio (no matter what mode is in) will play for 3-4 seconds and then makes a pop like its rebooting itself then right back on the whole time there is power to the radio! Is this a problem with the computer pcm ecm system or what please help because I cant just return the car. Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
421 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Any 'ck engine' light on or stored PCM fault codes?
Which radio model/sales code do you have?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Check the battery terminals for corrosion and make sure they're tight, also check the ground wire to the chassis and see if it's tight and not corroded.

·
Registered
532 Posts
What's going on everyone? I am new to this site and I am starting this because I see similar issues with the chrysler 200 but not exact! I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 2.4 l that my wife just bought a month ago! Runs great when it runs! But dies at least 10 times if not 20 a day, when driving on a highway or in town, sometimes we have to sit for an hour before it starts and other times it will start right away. Also the radio (no matter what mode is in) will play for 3-4 seconds and then makes a pop like its rebooting itself then right back on the whole time there is power to the radio! Is this a problem with the computer pcm ecm system or what please help because I cant just return the car. Thanks everyone
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 2.4's are known to burn oil,some more than others,and this motor uses oil pressure to operate the valves. If the oil level drops too low,the valves can't operate correctly and the car stalls....Check oil level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts