Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone has a workaround to having to repress the recirculate button every 10 freakin minutes? I dont care if the windows might fog or whatever other nonsense the manual says. my old car i could do this no issues, it was its own setting rather than a secondary setting to air speed.

My residence quite frequently reeks of skunk outside, there must be colonies nearby. My drive to work is past some sort of treatment plant and that smells like rotten eggs. so id like to Permanently recirculate, until such time i should decide to turn it off myself

please tell me theres some way to do this? I dont need anything being automatic as far as climate. I want to do it all manually. i dont even care if it uses a bit more gas. its that bad

Help?

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
565 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You could put the system in Recirc and then unplug the Recirc door actuator motor in the dash. This would keep it in recirc.
One of the reasons that it won't stay in recirc besides stale, moist air, is a potential of dangerous CO gas buildup in the interior.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts