Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updating maps takes forever and the power goes off several times while map updating still running.
How can I stop my 2015 200C accessory power from turning off?
I am so tired of sitting in my car resetting the ignition switch to keep the map software updating.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I don't recall this being an issue with either of my past map updates, but then I don't remember what the recommended installation procedure was then either.

I did have this happen with one of the Uconnect firmware updates, which require the ignition to be in RUN. And in that case, the solution was to start the engine and keep keep it running throughout the update. You might want to try that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recall this being an issue with either of my past map updates, but then I don't remember what the recommended installation procedure was then either.

I did have this happen with one of the Uconnect firmware updates, which require the ignition to be in RUN. And in that case, the solution was to start the engine and keep keep it running throughout the update. You might want to try that.
I guess running engine might be better than sitting in my car for close to 2 very annoying hours.
Thank You

·
Registered
97 Posts
Updating maps takes forever and the power goes off several times while map updating still running.
How can I stop my 2015 200C accessory power from turning off?
I am so tired of sitting in my car resetting the ignition switch to keep the map software updating.
It says in the instructions to either keep the car in the run position.
NOT accessory.

"Locate the Navigation Map Update USB device that is included in the package and follow the below steps once you are in your vehicle
1. Turn ignition on (RUN mode) to turn the system on."
Note: Do not turn off the ignition or change the ignition state until the update is complete.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,411 Posts
Try putting a battery charger on it when doing the updates. As long as the battery voltage stays up, it shouldn't activate the load-shedding (battery saver) software, if equipped. SOC=state of charge.
The battery must be in good condition.
Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

There may be a setting in radio for the accessories time-out. 10 minutes is the maximum.
Font Rectangle Circle Number Newspaper

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says in the instructions to either keep the car in the run position.
NOT accessory.

"Locate the Navigation Map Update USB device that is included in the package and follow the below steps once you are in your vehicle
1. Turn ignition on (RUN mode) to turn the system on."
Note: Do not turn off the ignition or change the ignition state until the update is complete.
Sorry I should have said in the run mode. The car demands being in run mode to do updates but the problem happens anyway after 2 updates I've done. I will update this post after I do 3rd update for this year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry I should have said in the run mode. The car demands being in run mode to do updates but the problem happens anyway after 2 updates I've done. I will update this post after I do 3rd update for this year.
Do you have a key fob, Are you leaving it in the car?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,411 Posts
2 hours is far too long. A big download should take 1/2 hour at the most. It could be the stick or the format?

Font Number

·
Registered
97 Posts
Weird, I would just start the car and leave it running or put battery charger on it and try. It's only taken me like 20 min to do any updates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd be curious to know how it goes. I've been thinking about updating mine.
Have a tablet connected to the internet in the car with you so you can get an activation code to start the update which claims to take 74 minutes. During the install, the keyless ignition will change from RUN to OFF. Press the switch twice to get it back to RUN before the car powers off. If you miss pressing the switch before car powers off, the install starts all over again at 0%. This is why you have to sit in the car like an idiot. Someone suggested running the engine and another to connect a trickle charger to stop that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts