Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is possible to get a key without the remote fob (2012 200 if that makes any difference)?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm not sure about 2012 but I got three extras for my wife's 2011. They have the grey cover, and instructions to program them are in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got them from a dealer but not where we bought the car. There can be a huge difference in price depending on the dealer, I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just ask for a regular Sentry Key, you can also get them on e-bay then have them cut. If you have 2 working keys you can self-program.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, tkyoshi, I found the programming instructions in the manual this weekend. Time to order a key!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, that only took me three months. :rolleyes: I ordered a pair of keys through eBay for about $12. My local Ace hardware cut them for me (for free!) after warning me that if the keys didn't work or the chip was damaged they weren't liable. Programming them per the owners manual only took a couple minutes and they both worked fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, that only took me three months. :rolleyes: I ordered a pair of keys through eBay for about $12. My local Ace hardware cut them for me (for free!) after warning me that if the keys didn't work or the chip was damaged they weren't liable. Programming them per the owners manual only took a couple minutes and they both worked fine.
Did you have the 2 original keys that came with the car? From what I understand you can only add more keys if you already have the 2 originals, otherwise you have to go to the dealer to have them reset the key list on the vehicle's main computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts