Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200C 3.6L - Granite
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just tried to launch my 2015 3.6L via holding the brakes and was unable to get the car to rev above 1500 rpms while the brake was applied. It appears to be a limiter of some sort much like the one when in park of 4000 rpm. It remains the same regardless if in sport mode, traction control on/off, paddle shifters enabled etc. Is there something I'm missing? Just looking to have some fun! :D

Thanks in advance!
Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's very likely a safety system to prevent the car from getting away at a stop if someone had the brake in and then accidentally mashed the accelerator, similar to the throttle override that will happen if both pedals are pushed while the car is in motion.

As far as I know this car doesn't have launch control so unfortunately aside from some major modification I don't think what you're trying to do is possible. After all, it was marketed and sold mostly as a practical sedan, not a performance car.

Reactions: Hoodieninja007

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200C 3.6L - Granite
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's very likely a safety system to prevent the car from getting away at a stop if someone had the brake in and then accidentally mashed the accelerator, similar to the throttle override that will happen if both pedals are pushed while the car is in motion.

As far as I know this car doesn't have launch control so unfortunately aside from some major modification I don't think what you're trying to do is possible. After all, it was marketed and sold mostly as a practical sedan, not a performance car.
Thank-you for confirming my suspicions, that sounds spot on with it being a safety feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts