Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was changing the oil on "Tina" the other day and as usual I do an inspection while I'm under the car, perk of working in a quick lube joint.
Anyway, I got to the rear diff and see oil I was like great, seems to be coming from the drivers side output seal. "Tina" is a Chrysler Certified 200c so took her in this morning and they confirmed the leaking seal and that it's covered however the cv shaft is NOT covered, trying to wrap my head around that. They said sometimes they get hung up and the have to cut them out. which if they have to do that will cost me 46 $ extra not to bad but still one would think that would be covered under the powertrain warranty. Regardless she's getting fixed hopefully by tomorrow before I have to leave for the weekend.

I was surprised to learn I also have rental coverage under the warranty for 1 day and up to 5 days if it's a covered repair. I was expecting to have to uber/lyft for the day. They gave me '15 200 Limited to drive man, coming from a loaded 200c to this thing was like whoa no auto climate control no auto wipers no heated wheel or seats. Took me like 5 min to figure out how to work the climate controls lol miss my 8.4 screen for sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy crap! I had no idea they needed to pull the whole ass end out to change the output seal on the differential on "Tina" You can see the dark area circled which would be the drivers side output seal leaking. Thank God I sprung for a Certified 200c only need to pay $100.0.deductible.
Tina's ass out.jpg InkedTina's ass_LI.jpg

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
509 Posts
Yikes! I hope they didn't leave the rear halfshafts hanging unsupported like that with the outer CV joints still in the hubs.
Make sure that there are no scratches or dings on the axle joint seal contact surfaces that may harm the new seal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes! I hope they didn't leave the rear halfshafts hanging unsupported like that with the outer CV joints still in the hubs.
Make sure that there are no scratches or dings on the axle joint seal contact surfaces that may harm the new seal.
Will do I'm about as anal as one can get when it comes to someone else working on my vehicles I prefer to to it myself that way I know whats what. But this be covered under warranty. Believe me I'll be paying attention to every sound vibration shimmy what have you lol that's alot of disassembly to change a **** seal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also had a leakage on my rear diferencial and had to replace it. Was out of warranty for 2 months. I asked Chrysler to check due to high road noise and they found the leak.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
509 Posts
Although no scheduled fluid maintenance intervals are given (according to FCA), I do plan on replacing the fluids at or near 60K miles (96K km) for "peace of mind". Fluids and their additives do age and wear and are hydroscopic to a degree. I will also treat it as a baseline for old fluid condition and wear.
It is involved, so I will give myself 2 days over some future weekend. Knowing what I have to do and what tools and materials I will need should save time and frustration. The manual does recommend replacing the driveshaft bolts and not reusing them. I will use the Mopar/ZF Lifeguard fluid. See the attached pages:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts